Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to download file with no digital signature

How to download file with no digital signature

veritas

Hi ,

I am trying to download a movie with REAL Player an/or with Media
Player and I can't view it and get this message :

Windows has found a problem with the file

Unknown Publisher

The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital
signature that verifies its publisher .

MY QUESTION is :

How can I download the movie and view it successfully ?

I am running XP Home SP2 IE7 .

meerkat

"veritas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi ,
>
> I am trying to download a movie with REAL Player an/or with Media
> Player and I can't view it and get this message :
>
> Windows has found a problem with the file
>
> Unknown Publisher
>
> The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital
> signature that verifies its publisher .

You`ve come up against DRM.
Digital Rights Management.
All you can do, is *buy* the movie.

veritas

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:46:59 GMT, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"veritas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hi ,
>>
>> I am trying to download a movie with REAL Player an/or with Media
>> Player and I can't view it and get this message :
>>
>> Windows has found a problem with the file
>>
>> Unknown Publisher
>>
>> The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital
>> signature that verifies its publisher .
>>

>You`ve come up against DRM.
>Digital Rights Management.
>All you can do, is *buy* the movie.

I did buy it . I paid and I have a valid username and password for the
site .

I just can't get past this hurdle .

meerkat

"veritas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:46:59 GMT, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"veritas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> I am trying to download a movie with REAL Player an/or with Media
>>> Player and I can't view it and get this message :
>>>
>>> Windows has found a problem with the file
>>>
>>> Unknown Publisher
>>>
>>> The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital
>>> signature that verifies its publisher .
>>>

>>You`ve come up against DRM.
>>Digital Rights Management.
>>All you can do, is *buy* the movie.
>>

> I did buy it . I paid and I have a valid username and password for the
> site .
>
> I just can't get past this hurdle .

You`ll have to get back to the seller for a solution V.

BS

"meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Hn_vi.6338$(E-Mail Removed)
> "veritas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:46:59 GMT, "meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>> "veritas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> You`ve come up against DRM.
>>> Digital Rights Management.
>>> All you can do, is *buy* the movie.
>>>

>> I did buy it . I paid and I have a valid username and password for the
>> site .
>>
>> I just can't get past this hurdle .

Try checking under IE advanced options - Security. See if you have an option
to: Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid. If
Internet Explorer is not showing on the desktop, go to internet options in
the control panel.

Barry OGrady

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:41:54 +1000, veritas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi ,
>
>I am trying to download a movie with REAL Player an/or with Media
>Player and I can't view it and get this message :
>
>Windows has found a problem with the file
>
>Unknown Publisher
>
>The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital
>signature that verifies its publisher .

Its probably good you can't get that message.

>MY QUESTION is :
>
>How can I download the movie and view it successfully ?
>
>I am running XP Home SP2 IE7 .

Try Tube Hunter Ultra.

Barry
=====