Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Storage Area Network

Storage Area Network

JamesSpelt

Hello

Can anyone tell me how a storage area network would appear on a
Windows computer? ie a drive in My Computer? Or only accessible via a
UNC path?

Thanks

why?

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 05:57:38 -0700, JamesSpelt wrote:

>Hello
>
>Can anyone tell me how a storage area network would appear on a
>Windows computer? ie a drive in My Computer? Or only accessible via a
>UNC path?

Have you lost a SAN somewhere?

Depends, ours has a DFS pointing at it so one can map a drive letter or
browse the DFS root or via UNC.

Not that it makes a difference users always claim to have lost paths
they have used for years.

>Thanks

Me

JamesSpelt

On Aug 13, 11:06 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 05:57:38 -0700, JamesSpelt wrote:
> >Hello

> >Can anyone tell me how a storage area network would appear on a
> >Windows computer? ie a drive in My Computer? Or only accessible via a
> >UNC path?

> Have you lost a SAN somewhere?
>
> Depends, ours has a DFS pointing at it so one can map a drive letter or
> browse the DFS root or via UNC.
>
> Not that it makes a difference users always claim to have lost paths
> they have used for years.
>
> >Thanks

> Me

Nope, haven't lost one, just looking to buy one.

Thanks for your answer.

James