Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Automatic Video Switchbox?

Automatic Video Switchbox?

Justin

Using composite RCA video....
Basically I am looking for a switchbox that switches betweent he Cable Box
and DVD player automatically, but when the DVD player is turned off it
automatically switches back to the cable box.
Basically this is for my parents' beach house, and they are technological
buffons. But, they like to watch movies. So once the DVD player turns off,
I want the TV to see the cable box signal.

Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display the
newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.

Stan Brown

Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:57:10 -0400 from Justin
<(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Using composite RCA video....
> Basically I am looking for a switchbox that switches betweent he Cable Box
> and DVD player automatically, but when the DVD player is turned off it
> automatically switches back to the cable box.
> Basically this is for my parents' beach house, and they are technological
> buffons. But, they like to watch movies. So once the DVD player turns off,
> I want the TV to see the cable box signal.
>
> Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display the
> newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.

I think one of those remotes with macro capability will do what you
want. Program it to turn off the DVD and switch the TV's input to the
cable box, with one button press.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:57:10 -0400, "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Using composite RCA video....
>Basically I am looking for a switchbox that switches betweent he Cable Box
>and DVD player automatically, but when the DVD player is turned off it
>automatically switches back to the cable box.
>Basically this is for my parents' beach house, and they are technological
>buffons. But, they like to watch movies. So once the DVD player turns off,
>I want the TV to see the cable box signal.
>
>Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display the
>newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.

Are you AND your parents really so ****ing stupid and or lazy that you
cannot press a switch like the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD?

ChairmanOfTheBored

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:24:39 -0400, Stan Brown
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:57:10 -0400 from Justin
><(E-Mail Removed)>:
>> Using composite RCA video....
>> Basically I am looking for a switchbox that switches betweent he Cable Box
>> and DVD player automatically, but when the DVD player is turned off it
>> automatically switches back to the cable box.
>> Basically this is for my parents' beach house, and they are technological
>> buffons. But, they like to watch movies. So once the DVD player turns off,
>> I want the TV to see the cable box signal.
>>
>> Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display the
>> newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.

>I think one of those remotes with macro capability will do what you
>want. Program it to turn off the DVD and switch the TV's input to the
>cable box, with one button press.

Or program it such that when the stop or power off "button" for the DVD
player is pressed, it does that function, as well as switching the source
line.

Justin

"Stan Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
> Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:57:10 -0400 from Justin
> <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>> Using composite RCA video....
>> Basically I am looking for a switchbox that switches betweent he Cable
>> Box
>> and DVD player automatically, but when the DVD player is turned off it
>> automatically switches back to the cable box.
>> Basically this is for my parents' beach house, and they are technological
>> buffons. But, they like to watch movies. So once the DVD player turns
>> off,
>> I want the TV to see the cable box signal.
>>
>> Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display
>> the
>> newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.

> I think one of those remotes with macro capability will do what you
> want. Program it to turn off the DVD and switch the TV's input to the
> cable box, with one button press.

> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
> DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
> other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm

Hmm.

Interesting, but I doubt that would work. I would rather use a switchbox
like theone described.

GMAN

In article <f9o7a8$dbv$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Justin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Stan Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) et...
>> Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:57:10 -0400 from Justin
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>>> Using composite RCA video....
>>> Basically I am looking for a switchbox that switches betweent he Cable
>>> Box
>>> and DVD player automatically, but when the DVD player is turned off it
>>> automatically switches back to the cable box.
>>> Basically this is for my parents' beach house, and they are technological
>>> buffons. But, they like to watch movies. So once the DVD player turns
>>> off,
>>> I want the TV to see the cable box signal.
>>>
>>> Is there such a device? I have seen automatic switchboxes that display
>>> the
>>> newest signal, but I don't think that will work in this case.

>> I think one of those remotes with macro capability will do what you
>> want. Program it to turn off the DVD and switch the TV's input to the
>> cable box, with one button press.
>>
>> --
>> Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
>> http://OakRoadSystems.com/
>> DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
>> other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm

>Hmm.
>
>Interesting, but I doubt that would work. I would rather use a switchbox
>like theone described.

Try the RCA VH915, it has an autoscan feature that will lock onto the curent
video source. Its from 2001 but you can find them at amazon and ebay etc.....