Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Cannot bring up start menu

Cannot bring up start menu

Lakebunny

i cannot bring up the start u p menu. what can i do it crashed last nite
never on the internet .

olfart

"Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i cannot bring up the start u p menu. what can i do it crashed last nite
>never on the internet .

try pressing Windows button on keyboard

Lakebunny

i will try that thanks my friend is having problems it will take me a few
minutes and i will check back with you tyvm

"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>i cannot bring up the start u p menu. what can i do it crashed last nite
>>never on the internet .
>>

> try pressing Windows button on keyboard

Lakebunny

She pressed the window key and it brought it up to her name but no icons or
start menu .
last nite she had no background but after hitting window key she has a
background and thats all.
"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>i cannot bring up the start u p menu. what can i do it crashed last nite
>>never on the internet .
>>

> try pressing Windows button on keyboard

olfart

"Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> She pressed the window key and it brought it up to her name but no icons
> or start menu .
> last nite she had no background but after hitting window key she has a
> background and thats all.
> "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>i cannot bring up the start u p menu. what can i do it crashed last nite
>>>never on the internet .
>>>

>> try pressing Windows button on keyboard

What OS?
If it's XP or Vista try a system restore to back before this started.

Lakebunny

its xp but no way to get to restore
"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> She pressed the window key and it brought it up to her name but no icons
>> or start menu .
>> last nite she had no background but after hitting window key she has a
>> background and thats all.
>> "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>
>>> try pressing Windows button on keyboard
>>>

> What OS?
> If it's XP or Vista try a system restore to back before this started.

miki

Will it do anything with Safe Mode ?

"Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> its xp but no way to get to restore
> "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> She pressed the window key and it brought it up to her name but no

icons
> >> or start menu .
> >> last nite she had no background but after hitting window key she has a
> >> background and thats all.
> >> "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > What OS?
> > If it's XP or Vista try a system restore to back before this started.

Lakebunny

how do i get into safe mode
"miki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HDLvi.57080$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will it do anything with Safe Mode ?
>
> "Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> its xp but no way to get to restore
>> "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > "Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> icons

>> > What OS?
>> > If it's XP or Vista try a system restore to back before this started.

miki

In view of your difficulties, try holding down F8
before turning the pc ON and maintaining the hold-down
during what would be the normal start-up cycle. miki.

"Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how do i get into safe mode
> "miki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:HDLvi.57080$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Will it do anything with Safe Mode ?
> >
> > "Lakebunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> its xp but no way to get to restore
> >> "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > icons

last

Tee Jay

Lakebunny wrote:
> i cannot bring up the start u p menu. what can i do it crashed last nite
> never on the internet .

I had a client this week who "lost" start button after loading Parental
Controls with AT&T dsl service. Uninstalling that cured problem.
Tee Jay