Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Outlook Distribution List to Thunderbird

Outlook Distribution List to Thunderbird

Teather Mitty

Someone emailed me some distribution lists from Outlook.

Is there a way to get these distribution lists from Outlook into Thunderbird?

TIA

Ralph Fox

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:08:38 -0400, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Teather Mitty wrote:

> Someone emailed me some distribution lists from Outlook.
>
> Is there a way to get these distribution lists from Outlook into Thunderbird?

I haven't tried this myself, but Dawn might do it.
http://mysite.verizon.net/zakharin/software/Dawn/

I expect that you have already looked into exporting addresses from
Outlook to a *.csv file, and importing the *.csv file into Thunderbird;
and that you have discovered that while Outlook exports individual
addresses to the .csv file it does not export distribution lists.

Teather Mitty

Well I managed to export the distribution list into Thunderbird. But it
created it as a separate PAB. Now that in itself is not an issue except for
the fact that I still need to create a distribution list.

Is there a way in Thunderbird to select multiple entries from the PAB and put
them into a distribution list?

TIA

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Teather Mitty wrote:
> Well I managed to export the distribution list into Thunderbird. But it
> created it as a separate PAB. Now that in itself is not an issue except for
> the fact that I still need to create a distribution list.
>
> Is there a way in Thunderbird to select multiple entries from the PAB and put
> them into a distribution list?
>
> TIA

they're called mailing lists. Click on the new list icon.
Give it a name, a nickname, and a discription. Click OK,
when done. Now, select the addresses you want in the list
and hold down the shift key and drag them to the list you want.

Is this what you want?

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

Teather Mitty

Thank you very much "Peter". That is exactly what I wanted to do. I had a
problem when after creating the new list and giving it a name, a nickname, and
a description I tried to get the entries in.

Thanks again