Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > locate.exe

locate.exe

Gopi

hello
in our network, several system affect by virus and i went on safe mode and
edit the registry, delete the values (locate.exe and hpws.exe) restart and
its works fine.

after sometime, it affected again. (i cannot edit the registry or anything)
again i have to go thro safe mode.

we are using Etrust Antivirus server, is there anyway to clean this? several
servers affected with this, and all are having up to date microsoft patches.

Thanks
Gopi

=?Utf-8?B?Zm1zbWNzZQ==?=

Searching Google I found this info, hope it helps:
http://info.ahnlab.com/securityinfo/...sp?SEQ_NO=2085

"Gopi" wrote:

> hello
> in our network, several system affect by virus and i went on safe mode and
> edit the registry, delete the values (locate.exe and hpws.exe) restart and
> its works fine.
>
> after sometime, it affected again. (i cannot edit the registry or anything)
> again i have to go thro safe mode.
>
> we are using Etrust Antivirus server, is there anyway to clean this? several
> servers affected with this, and all are having up to date microsoft patches.
>
> Thanks
> Gopi

Ben Smith

In article <#(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> hello
> in our network, several system affect by virus and i went on safe mode and
> edit the registry, delete the values (locate.exe and hpws.exe) restart and
> its works fine.
>
> after sometime, it affected again. (i cannot edit the registry or anything)
> again i have to go thro safe mode.
>
> we are using Etrust Antivirus server, is there anyway to clean this? several
> servers affected with this, and all are having up to date microsoft patches.
>
> Thanks
> Gopi

This may help:

Kline Sphere

>in our network, several system affect by virus and i went on safe mode and
>edit the registry, delete the values (locate.exe and hpws.exe) restart and
>its works fine.
>
>after sometime, it affected again. (i cannot edit the registry or anything)
>again i have to go thro safe mode.

please tell me you do not work for the defense department.....

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

PC LOAD LETTER

"Ben Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

> This may help:

Does that uninstall Windows?

PC LOAD LETTER

"Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >in our network, several system affect by virus and i went on safe mode
> >and
>>edit the registry, delete the values (locate.exe and hpws.exe) restart and
>>its works fine.
>>
>>after sometime, it affected again. (i cannot edit the registry or
>>anything)
>>again i have to go thro safe mode.

> please tell me you do not work for the defense department.....

Hey, if he DOES work for the defense department, I'm all for it. After
all... What could be a better defense than ignorance?

Kline Sphere

>Hey, if he DOES work for the defense department, I'm all for it. After
>all... What could be a better defense than ignorance?

blah, blah... I can't hear you.... blah, blah......

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Consultant

did you do the switch at the end of the delete statement? it is del
locate.exe /y /dontcomeback

"Gopi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello
> in our network, several system affect by virus and i went on safe mode and
> edit the registry, delete the values (locate.exe and hpws.exe) restart and
> its works fine.
>
> after sometime, it affected again. (i cannot edit the registry or
> anything) again i have to go thro safe mode.
>
> we are using Etrust Antivirus server, is there anyway to clean this?
> several servers affected with this, and all are having up to date
> microsoft patches.
>
> Thanks
> Gopi

kpg

Consultant <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

> did you do the switch at the end of the delete
> statement? it is del locate.exe /y /dontcomeback

lol.

classic.

Ben Smith

In article <#(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> did you do the switch at the end of the delete statement? it is del
> locate.exe /y /dontcomeback

This is obviously made up. If we really had this switch it would be
something like: /dntcmbck