Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird?/Comcast hiccup

Thunderbird?/Comcast hiccup

Doug Chadduck

Not sure if this is Thunderbird or Comcast.
Every time I open my mail I am asked for my password.
I put in my password, check the remember password box, and then get a
bad password error message from Comcast mail server. Over and over if I
keep trying.

BUT If I just X out of the password request, my mail downloads and all
is well.

I think I'm current on T-Bird version 1.8.2

Any clues out there?

Thanks
Doug in Fremont

Frank

Doug Chadduck wrote:
> Not sure if this is Thunderbird or Comcast.
> Every time I open my mail I am asked for my password.
> I put in my password, check the remember password box, and then get a
> bad password error message from Comcast mail server. Over and over if I
> keep trying.
>
> BUT If I just X out of the password request, my mail downloads and all
> is well.
>
> I think I'm current on T-Bird version 1.8.2
>
> Any clues out there?
>
> Thanks
> Doug in Fremont

I think it's Comcast. Happened to me and also yesterday I could not log
into Comcast mail but all was fine an hour later. Hiccup sounds like
good explanation. Old isp had them too.
Frank

Doug Chadduck

Frank wrote:
> Doug Chadduck wrote:
>> Not sure if this is Thunderbird or Comcast.
>> Every time I open my mail I am asked for my password.
>> I put in my password, check the remember password box, and then get a
>> bad password error message from Comcast mail server. Over and over if
>> I keep trying.
>>
>> BUT If I just X out of the password request, my mail downloads and
>> all is well.
>>
>> I think I'm current on T-Bird version 1.8.2
>>
>> Any clues out there?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Doug in Fremont

> I think it's Comcast. Happened to me and also yesterday I could not log
> into Comcast mail but all was fine an hour later. Hiccup sounds like
> good explanation. Old isp had them too.
> Frank

When I log into my main e-mail it also polls two secondary accounts. I
hadn't realized it was one of the secondaries that had the hiccup. One
letter difference in name. Sheesh. Had to go into Comcast mail manager
and tell it I had no memory of what PW was for that account and then put
in a new one and back in business again. Sometimes I'd prefer a good
CRASH rather that these annoying elusive little problems.
Doug in Fremont