Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > IIS Limits

IIS Limits

Gopi

Hello

we have several websites
we like to limit the users to upload or using the Hard disk space like upto
3GB,
is there any tool to monitor or control this activities?

Thanks
Gopi

Robert Moir

Gopi wrote:
> Hello
>
> we have several websites
> we like to limit the users to upload or using the Hard disk space
> like upto 3GB,
> is there any tool to monitor or control this activities?

You mean like the disk quotas system that is built into Windows 2000 & 2003
and works perfectly well with websites, providing you assign each user their
own Windows account and which you can find out lots of information about in
the help file?

Kurt

What this group needs is a bit of sarcasm

...kurt

"Robert Moir" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23ucvz%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gopi wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> we have several websites
>> we like to limit the users to upload or using the Hard disk space
>> like upto 3GB,
>> is there any tool to monitor or control this activities?

> You mean like the disk quotas system that is built into Windows 2000 &
> 2003 and works perfectly well with websites, providing you assign each
> user their own Windows account and which you can find out lots of
> information about in the help file?

Ben Smith

In article <#ucvz#(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Gopi wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > we have several websites
> > we like to limit the users to upload or using the Hard disk space
> > like upto 3GB,
> > is there any tool to monitor or control this activities?

> You mean like the disk quotas system that is built into Windows 2000 & 2003
> and works perfectly well with websites, providing you assign each user their
> own Windows account and which you can find out lots of information about in
> the help file?

Depending on the content upload mechanism, this may or may not work,
because disk quotas are calculated by the file owner bit. If the content
management mechanism or server config has teh files owned by a service
account or the administrator, quotas will not work.

Robert Moir

Ben Smith wrote:

> Depending on the content upload mechanism, this may or may not work,
> because disk quotas are calculated by the file owner bit. If the
> content management mechanism or server config has teh files owned by
> a service account or the administrator, quotas will not work.

Fair comment Ben, I was assuming that the poster was asking about something
like FTP because I'd expect a CMS system to manage its own quotas as an
internal part of the app.

Ben Smith

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Ben Smith wrote:
>
> > Depending on the content upload mechanism, this may or may not work,
> > because disk quotas are calculated by the file owner bit. If the
> > content management mechanism or server config has teh files owned by
> > a service account or the administrator, quotas will not work.

> Fair comment Ben, I was assuming that the poster was asking about something
> like FTP because I'd expect a CMS system to manage its own quotas as an
> internal part of the app.

I have long since learned not to underestimate the sensibility of
software developers when it comes to common sense features.

FrisbeeŽ

"Ben Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Ben Smith wrote:
>>
>> > Depending on the content upload mechanism, this may or may not work,
>> > because disk quotas are calculated by the file owner bit. If the
>> > content management mechanism or server config has teh files owned by
>> > a service account or the administrator, quotas will not work.

>> Fair comment Ben, I was assuming that the poster was asking about
>> something
>> like FTP because I'd expect a CMS system to manage its own quotas as an
>> internal part of the app.
>>

> I have long since learned not to underestimate the sensibility of
> software developers when it comes to common sense features.

Yabbut you can't judge all developers based on me.

Robert Moir

FrisbeeŽ wrote:

> Yabbut you can't judge all developers based on me.

but it's fun

ASP.NET / IIS - Any Connection Limits? Spam Catcher ASP .Net 2 01-25-2008 08:28 PM
Re: IIS Limits Pedro Simoes MCSE 0 11-24-2005 07:51 PM
Re: IIS Limits Pedro Simoes MCSE 0 11-24-2005 07:51 PM
Re: IIS Limits Pedro Simoes MCSE 0 11-24-2005 07:51 PM
IIS Limits Pedro Simoes MCSE 0 11-24-2005 07:51 PM

Advertisments