Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > HP Pavilion Laptop dv5120eu Sound drivers missing NO Sound on Lapt

HP Pavilion Laptop dv5120eu Sound drivers missing NO Sound on Lapt

=?Utf-8?B?TWlnaHR5amluam8=?=

Hi all
I own a HP Pavilion Laptop model dv5120eu
Thing is i had faults on old shard drive so bought new one 100gb.
I have installed Vista home premium 64 bit onto the sytem as it had xp home
edition originally but i've upgrade now to vista.
Everything is working fine but i have no sound on Laptop what so ever.

Checked in device manager and says it needs the drivers. in Multimedia Audio
Controller.
Thing is it doesnt say what manafactuer I need to use to get the drivers.
All i have to go on is the model number of my laptop dv5120eu . Anyone have
any idea where i can get the drivers or check to see who manafactuerd the
sound card etc?
Thanks
Thanks

Theo

HP is the source for the audio drivers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...47322&lang=lt&

There doesn't seem to be any audio drivers for Vista x64
posted, so you need to contact HP Tech Support and ask them
about the drivers.

Mightyjinjo wrote:
> Hi all
> I own a HP Pavilion Laptop model dv5120eu
> Thing is i had faults on old shard drive so bought new one 100gb.
> I have installed Vista home premium 64 bit onto the sytem as it had xp home
> edition originally but i've upgrade now to vista.
> Everything is working fine but i have no sound on Laptop what so ever.
>
> Checked in device manager and says it needs the drivers. in Multimedia Audio
> Controller.
> Thing is it doesnt say what manafactuer I need to use to get the drivers.
> All i have to go on is the model number of my laptop dv5120eu . Anyone have
> any idea where i can get the drivers or check to see who manafactuerd the
> sound card etc?
> Thanks
> Thanks

Tony Sperling

Also, since it's a notebook, the sound is probably on the motherboard and if
so you can see it listed in the BIOS setup. They are mostly of a generic
nature. If HP isn't supporting the chip, you may find it from other sources.

An alternative is to find a PCMCIA card that can substitute your on-board
chip - which you then need to disable in the BIOS. (I think the X-FI series
now comes as a PC-Card solution)

Tony. . .

"Theo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HP is the source for the audio drivers.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...47322&lang=lt&

> There doesn't seem to be any audio drivers for Vista x64
> posted, so you need to contact HP Tech Support and ask them
> about the drivers.
>

> Mightyjinjo wrote:
> > Hi all
> > I own a HP Pavilion Laptop model dv5120eu
> > Thing is i had faults on old shard drive so bought new one 100gb.
> > I have installed Vista home premium 64 bit onto the sytem as it had xp

home
> > edition originally but i've upgrade now to vista.
> > Everything is working fine but i have no sound on Laptop what so ever.
> >
> > Checked in device manager and says it needs the drivers. in Multimedia

Audio
> > Controller.
> > Thing is it doesnt say what manafactuer I need to use to get the

drivers.
> > All i have to go on is the model number of my laptop dv5120eu . Anyone

have
> > any idea where i can get the drivers or check to see who manafactuerd

the
> > sound card etc?
> > Thanks
> > Thanks

Choogster

there are various drivers depending on your soundcard:

http://www.64bitdrivers.com/driver.php?id=1430
http://www.64bitdrivers.com/driver.php?id=1399
http://www.64bitdrivers.com/driver.php?id=1385

One of these should work with your laptop.

--
Choogster
Choogster's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32705

http://forums.techarena.in