Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Is it possible to find the location of a TinyURL download link?

Is it possible to find the location of a TinyURL download link?

-Lost

's response:

> "-Lost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Totally off-topic, but I was wondering something.
>>
>>In Xnews, when I reply to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), it does *not* place
>>them in the response like it should (via the attribution lines).

> You wouldn't reply to (E-Mail Removed) unless it were email,
> you would reply to the message or follow up to the message.

Oh yeah, I knew that. But I always call people by their "From" header.
So you are (E-Mail Removed) *and* your e-mail is apparently the
same, although your Reply-To is not.

So when I said that I just meant when I reply to you here. I keep my
SMTP settings *FAR* from Xnews.

>>I guess %a doesn't fire because it looks like an e-mail? Which is
>>stupid... it should use whatever the hell it finds in the From header.
>>
>>So, any idea on how to fix that aside from using %e or %f?

> ? Don't use Xnews

No way, man! I've fallen in love with Xnews despite it's lack of
Unicode, and no apparent way to see the size of an attachment.

Unless of course Bytes and X-Original-Bytes are sent. Which I've only
seen sent by Outlook Express and services like CoreNews, so far.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

Blinky the Shark

-Lost wrote:
> Blinky the Shark's response:
>
>>> So, any idea on how to fix that aside from using %e or %f?

>> Not offhand, no.

> *quivering lip*
>
> Blinky the all knowing, all seeing, all toothy Shark.
>
> *lip continues quivering*

It'll be okay...here, have a nice raspberry popsickle...

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups.

Blinky the Shark

-Lost wrote:
> 's response:
>
>> "-Lost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Totally off-topic, but I was wondering something.
>>>
>>>In Xnews, when I reply to (E-Mail Removed), it does *not*
>>>place them in the response like it should (via the attribution
>>>lines).

>> You wouldn't reply to (E-Mail Removed) unless it were email,
>> you would reply to the message or follow up to the message.

> Oh yeah, I knew that. But I always call people by their "From"
> header. So you are (E-Mail Removed) *and* your e-mail is
> apparently the same, although your Reply-To is not.
>
> So when I said that I just meant when I reply to you here. I keep my
> SMTP settings *FAR* from Xnews.
>
>>>I guess %a doesn't fire because it looks like an e-mail? Which is
>>>stupid... it should use whatever the hell it finds in the From
>>>header.
>>>
>>>So, any idea on how to fix that aside from using %e or %f?

>> ? Don't use Xnews

> No way, man! I've fallen in love with Xnews despite it's lack of
> Unicode, and no apparent way to see the size of an attachment.

It seems like the attachment size is relevant when you're downloading
por...no, wait...I mean images, still or moving (or, I guess audio).
Yeah, those. I'm thinking that if that's so, very little of the post is
going to be text, right? So if you can see that the whole post is, say
204kb, isn't it safe to say that the image/video/tune is going to be,
like, 99.9 percent of that?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups.
Except in Thunderbird, which can't filter that well.

-Lost

Blinky the Shark's response:

> -Lost wrote:
>> Blinky the Shark's response:

>>> Not offhand, no.

>> *quivering lip*
>>
>> Blinky the all knowing, all seeing, all toothy Shark.
>>
>> *lip continues quivering*

> It'll be okay...here, have a nice raspberry popsickle...

*grins from one side of the hammer to the other*

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.