Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Google AutoFill

Google AutoFill

insomnia2008@gmail.com

Dear whoever,
I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.
I tried to edit it.
I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.
Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
and edit it in future?
Kindest regards
Peter Sidwell

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

> Dear whoever,
> I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.
> I tried to edit it.
> I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.
> Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
> and edit it in future?
> Kindest regards
> Peter Sidwell

In IE, click on Tools, Internet Options, Content tab, Autocomplete.
Follow your nose.

insomnia

On Aug 11, 4:54 pm, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Dear whoever,
> > I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.
> > I tried to edit it.
> > I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.
> > Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
> > and edit it in future?
> > Kindest regards
> > Peter Sidwell

> In IE, click on Tools, Internet Options, Content tab, Autocomplete.
> Follow your nose.

Dear Roger,
Thank you for your very prompt response. However your instructions are
for IE. I still have that. What I've lost is the Google Autofill
Best regards
Peter Sidwell

Ozark

On Aug 11, 3:47 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Dear whoever,
> I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.
> I tried to edit it.
> I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.
> Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
> and edit it in future?
> Kindest regards
> Peter Sidwell

Try Settings, options, autofill on your Google bar.

Vanguard

insomnia2008 wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.

Never heard of "Google Autofill". I and many others *have* heard of the
"Google Toolbar", though.

> I tried to edit it.

Edit WHAT?

> I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.

And "it" is WHAT?

> Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
> and edit it in future?

There is no such product as "Google Autofill". So what is "it" that
disappeared? And edit WHAT?

http://toolbar.google.com
There are download and help links there *if* the Google Toolbar is what
you meant to ask about.

-Lost

Vanguard's response:

> insomnia2008 wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.

> Never heard of "Google Autofill". I and many others *have* heard of

the
> "Google Toolbar", though.
>
>> I tried to edit it.

> Edit WHAT?
>
>> I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.

> And "it" is WHAT?
>
>> Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
>> and edit it in future?

> There is no such product as "Google Autofill". So what is "it" that
> disappeared? And edit WHAT?
>
> http://toolbar.google.com
> There are download and help links there *if* the Google Toolbar is what
> you meant to ask about.

You know... I'd post an *excellent* utility I have for making shortcuts
to whatever site or search engine you like in Internet Explorer, but I
doubt the original poster is coming back.

Of course if they do and prove me wrong, I'll gladly provide the utility.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

-Lost wrote:
> Vanguard's response:
>
>> insomnia2008 wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>> I used to have Google Autofill on my IE6.

>> Never heard of "Google Autofill". I and many others *have* heard of

> the
>> "Google Toolbar", though.
>>
>>> I tried to edit it.

>> Edit WHAT?
>>
>>> I seem to have spooked it right off my computer.

>> And "it" is WHAT?
>>
>>> Does anyone know where it might have gone and how I can get it back
>>> and edit it in future?

>> There is no such product as "Google Autofill". So what is "it" that
>> disappeared? And edit WHAT?
>>
>> http://toolbar.google.com
>> There are download and help links there *if* the Google Toolbar is what
>> you meant to ask about.

> You know... I'd post an *excellent* utility I have for making shortcuts
> to whatever site or search engine you like in Internet Explorer, but I
> doubt the original poster is coming back.
>
> Of course if they do and prove me wrong, I'll gladly provide the utility.

In what way does that have anything to do with anything? Not that I want
the utility, I just can't see the logic in your post.

-Lost

Rgr's response:

> -Lost wrote:
>> Vanguard's response:
>>
>>> insomnia2008 wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>>> Never heard of "Google Autofill". I and many others *have* heard of

>> the
>>> "Google Toolbar", though.

>>> Edit WHAT?

>>> And "it" is WHAT?

>>> There is no such product as "Google Autofill". So what is "it" that
>>> disappeared? And edit WHAT?
>>>
>>> http://toolbar.google.com
>>> There are download and help links there *if* the Google Toolbar is
>>> what you meant to ask about.

>> You know... I'd post an *excellent* utility I have for making
>> shortcuts to whatever site or search engine you like in Internet
>> Explorer, but I doubt the original poster is coming back.
>>
>> Of course if they do and prove me wrong, I'll gladly provide the
>> utility.

> In what way does that have anything to do with anything? Not that I
> want the utility, I just can't see the logic in your post.

It has to do with the fact that the Google toolbar is too much just for
wanting the ability to search from your address bar for example.

And I know of a marvelous little application that enables this type of
behavior without overhead.

And, most Google Groupers never return to their posts. This irritates me
so I'm not going to bother providing information to someone who will most
likely never see it.

Of course if like someone who appreciates free help, they return, then
I'll gladly give them the link to the utility.

And for the record... I don't see the logic in your post. Not sure how
that matters though?

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

-Lost wrote:
> Rgr's response:
>
>> -Lost wrote:
>>> Vanguard's response:

>>> the

>>> You know... I'd post an *excellent* utility I have for making
>>> shortcuts to whatever site or search engine you like in Internet
>>> Explorer, but I doubt the original poster is coming back.
>>>
>>> Of course if they do and prove me wrong, I'll gladly provide the
>>> utility.

>> In what way does that have anything to do with anything? Not that I
>> want the utility, I just can't see the logic in your post.

> It has to do with the fact that the Google toolbar is too much just for
> wanting the ability to search from your address bar for example.
>
> And I know of a marvelous little application that enables this type of
> behavior without overhead.
>
> And, most Google Groupers never return to their posts. This irritates me
> so I'm not going to bother providing information to someone who will most
> likely never see it.
>
> Of course if like someone who appreciates free help, they return, then
> I'll gladly give them the link to the utility.
>
> And for the record... I don't see the logic in your post. Not sure how
> that matters though?

It doesn't matter. What I should have spelled out more clearly is that
if you know of a good utility that others might like to use, why not
just mention it or post a link? That one GG'er not finding his message
again doesn't mean that other readers couldn't benefit.