Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > downloading

downloading

jobabe

I sent you a message yesterday about my downloading of google, but as
yet I have received no answer. I have downloaded too much with the
result that everything I do is too slow. Ineed either to cancel
everything or have access to my account to get rid of the things I
don't need. Thanks jobabe

Richard

"jobabe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I sent you a message yesterday about my downloading of google, but as
> yet I have received no answer. I have downloaded too much with the
> result that everything I do is too slow. Ineed either to cancel
> everything or have access to my account to get rid of the things I
> don't need. Thanks jobabe

If you are downloading all of google you should expect it to take a little
while.

Whiskers

On 2007-08-11, jobabe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I sent you a message yesterday about my downloading of google, but as
> yet I have received no answer. I have downloaded too much with the
> result that everything I do is too slow. Ineed either to cancel
> everything or have access to my account to get rid of the things I
> don't need. Thanks jobabe

How many terrabytes have you got so far? Is your local power-station big
enough to keep all your computers running? What do Virgin/NTL have to say
about you using so much bandwidth? If you're trying to create a complete
'mirror' of everything at Google the task will never end.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

why?

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:10:26 -0000, jobabe wrote:

>I sent you a message yesterday about my downloading of google, but as

No you didn't.

downloading Group: Google Groups Guide>Google Groups Basics

jobabe
I downloded google not realising how much memory I would be using. It
makes everything I do twice as long. I must admit I did download them
all because they all looked interesting. How can I cancel the ones I
wont be wanting in the near future.
Aug 10, 9:28 am
From: jobabe
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 01:28:48 -0700
Subject: downloading

>yet I have received no answer. I have downloaded too much with the

>result that everything I do is too slow. Ineed either to cancel
>everything or have access to my account to get rid of the things I
>don't need. Thanks jobabe

The rest is just plain silly, pointless and a joke most likely from a
flamer.

Me

Vanguard

"jobabe" wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I sent you a message yesterday

Then post your new messages within that same thread to provide the
context of your discussion. Why should we have to go searching for your
other post(s)? If you want to start a new thread then make sure all the
context is included.

You sent a message yesterday (to this newsgroup). Do YOU see it? I
don't.

> about my downloading of google

Google is a corporate entity. You can't download them. Google has a
multitude of technologies, advertising revenue, departments, online
services like searching and email, along with buildings, computers,
furniture, and people. You really thought you were going to download
"everything Google"? So when you are going to download Intel and
Amsterdam?

> yet I have received no answer.

Was your question as vague as this one? Read the following:

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Did your old post ever show up? Did you post it to THIS newsgroup? Do
YOU see your old post? I don't. Neither does a search at Google Groups
find a prior post from you in this group
(http://groups.google.com/groups?q=au...port.helpdesk).

> I have downloaded too much with the
> result that everything I do is too slow.

Talk to your ISP. Maybe they choose to throttle your abuse of consuming
excessive bandwidth. Guess you'll have to buy a several thousand more
max-gigabyte hard drives to continue filling them up with "everything
Google".

> Ineed either to cancel everything

Cancel WHERE?

> or have access to my account to get rid of the things I
> don't need.

WHAT account?

You know what you are asking about. No one else is there looking over
your shoulder to see the missing details. Reread your first post in
this thread. If you were not involved in whatever is your poorly
described problem, could you figure what you said?

Again, read the following:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

More carefully cogitate what is that you want to ask and how to ask it.
Provide the details and context so someone OTHER than you can decipher
what you are asking. You probably should start a new post rather than
continue with this thread.

nobody >

jobabe wrote:
> I sent you a message yesterday about my downloading of google, but as
> yet I have received no answer. I have downloaded too much with the
> result that everything I do is too slow. Ineed either to cancel
> everything or have access to my account to get rid of the things I
> don't need. Thanks jobabe

61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com

Do we need to say any more?

It's a good remake of the old "downloading the internet" joke tho..

Blinky the Shark

nobody > wrote:
> jobabe wrote:
>> I sent you a message yesterday about my downloading of google, but as
>> yet I have received no answer. I have downloaded too much with the
>> result that everything I do is too slow. Ineed either to cancel
>> everything or have access to my account to get rid of the things I
>> don't need. Thanks jobabe
>>

> 61g2000hsh.googlegroups.com
>
> Do we need to say any more?
>
> It's a good remake of the old "downloading the internet" joke tho..

Already enshrined.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups.

Plato

> If you are downloading all of google you should expect it to take a little
> while.

clot

Plato wrote:
>> If you are downloading all of google you should expect it to take a
>> little while.

I'm still waiting and getting weally frustrated. I've had the computer
on for 25 days so far! (

Gordon

clot wrote:
> Plato wrote:
>>> If you are downloading all of google you should expect it to take a
>>> little while.

> I'm still waiting and getting weally frustrated. I've had the computer
> on for 25 days so far! (

With Windows? That must be a first.....