Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > opening excel file through jsp

opening excel file through jsp

ruds

hi,
I have a file manager application in jsp. I'm abale to upload all
types of files through it.when i try to open an excel file it opns as
an encrypted file..... but a word document opens correctly.
Can someone tellme how to i open the excel file through jsp? Can i
invoke MS-Excel through jsp n then pass the file name to it?

Andrew Thompson

ruds wrote:
>Can someone tellme how to i open the excel file through jsp?

Sure. It might be loaded the same way as in a desktop
GUI'd app. (or a headless 'batch based' app. for that matter).

>...Can i
>invoke MS-Excel through jsp n then pass the file name to it?

Can you do that in HTML?

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

ruds

> Sure. It might be loaded the same way as in a desktop
> GUI'd app. (or a headless 'batch based' app. for that matter).

I did'nt get it...Can u plz explain it further?