Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Active Directory Problem / Sync and Group Policy.

Active Directory Problem / Sync and Group Policy.

keithalmli keithalmli is offline
Junior Member
Location: L'Anse, MI

I use Windows Server 2000 / With Sp4.. I'm also using ISA Server.. I have Active Directory installed, and it runs 15 Users and 8 Computer (client machines) This also has Group Policy Implemented between 3 admins and 12 regular users.

Now the problem i keep having is..:

The server will become unresponsive as in (Syncronizing.) user data. Which will come up as an error that it cannot find my server "AQUA" However all other services including ISA work.

Logins will not of any sort. Nor syncronizing of any data..

If i login to the admin account on the server.. it will not display the desktop and Start menu.

When i restart the service "server" Everyting becomes functional again until a random time again.. and then we start back again at either restarting completly or just restarting services.

However it does not show up in any log.. and also can be fixed if i simply restart the "Server" service, which will include a restart of the following services: " Net Logon, Message Queuing, Distributed File System, and Computer Browser"

Thanks in advance.

active sync and wmdc test MCTS 1 04-17-2008 11:08 AM
Fetching LargeInteger, Dates and Group Distribution Lists from LDAP/Active Directory gimme_this_gimme_that@yahoo.com Java 0 02-27-2007 10:21 PM
sync.rb difference between Sync::UN, Sync::EX and Sync::SH Trans Ruby 2 12-12-2005 02:43 PM
problem getting User Group Memebership in Active Directory Patrick Olurotimi Ige ASP .Net Security 2 05-10-2005 12:49 AM
Help - Setting Up Authentication via Active Directory (Group Membership) for IPSEC and WebVPN Clients on VPN3K webspider Cisco 3 12-15-2004 04:35 AM

Advertisments