Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > The Weather Channel error message

The Weather Channel error message

Monika

I like the weather channel on my desktop, yet every time I turn my computer
off and restart I get an error message (see below) and have to re-install
the weather channel.

Error Message: Unable to lad library wxfw.dll. Attempted to load
c:/programfiles/theweatherchannel FW/framework/wxfw.dll. Error Code:126.

I have searched the web for an answer and see other people receive the same
error message, yet no one was able to provide a solution for this problem.
Can anyone help.

I have a dell computer running windows xp.
thanks, Monika

ps. I have all the system requirements to install that program.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Monika" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I like the weather channel on my desktop, yet every time I turn my computer
>off and restart I get an error message (see below) and have to re-install
>the weather channel.
>
>Error Message: Unable to lad library wxfw.dll. Attempted to load
>c:/programfiles/theweatherchannel FW/framework/wxfw.dll. Error Code:126.
>
>I have searched the web for an answer and see other people receive the same
>error message, yet no one was able to provide a solution for this problem.
>Can anyone help.
>
>I have a dell computer running windows xp.
>thanks, Monika
>
>ps. I have all the system requirements to install that program.

You need to reinstall the program or at the least find wxfw.dll and
stick it where it belongs.

Better yet uninstall weather channel and give Weather Pulse a try
http://www.tropicdesigns.net/weatherpulse.php

It's what I use and am very happy with it's error free performance.
--

How to Rip Netflix "Watch Now" movies to your hard drive!
http://forum.rorta.net/showthread.php?t=1134

Monika

thanks, will go and check it out. Am tired of re-installing the program and
my querry to their support team has not yielded any results. BTW - I am
using the free version, of course.
Monika
ps. looked for wxfw.dll but was unable to find one. Only programs to clean
your computer

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Monika" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I like the weather channel on my desktop, yet every time I turn my
>>computer
>>off and restart I get an error message (see below) and have to re-install
>>the weather channel.
>>
>>Error Message: Unable to lad library wxfw.dll. Attempted to load
>>c:/programfiles/theweatherchannel FW/framework/wxfw.dll. Error Code:126.
>>
>>I have searched the web for an answer and see other people receive the
>>same
>>error message, yet no one was able to provide a solution for this problem.
>>Can anyone help.
>>
>>I have a dell computer running windows xp.
>>thanks, Monika
>>
>>ps. I have all the system requirements to install that program.
>>

> You need to reinstall the program or at the least find wxfw.dll and
> stick it where it belongs.
>
> Better yet uninstall weather channel and give Weather Pulse a try
> http://www.tropicdesigns.net/weatherpulse.php
>
> It's what I use and am very happy with it's error free performance.
> --
>
> How to Rip Netflix "Watch Now" movies to your hard drive!
> http://forum.rorta.net/showthread.php?t=1134

Plato

Monika wrote:

> I like the weather channel on my desktop, yet every time I turn my computer
> off and restart I get an error message (see below) and have to re-install
> the weather channel.
>
> Error Message: Unable to lad library wxfw.dll. Attempted to load
> c:/programfiles/theweatherchannel FW/framework/wxfw.dll. Error Code:126.
>
> I have searched the web for an answer and see other people receive the same
> error message, yet no one was able to provide a solution for this problem.
> Can anyone help.

Is the .dll still in that foder? Perhaps it is corrupt.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Ophelia Cummins

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:21:15 -0400, Monika wrote:

> I like the weather channel on my desktop, yet every time I turn my computer
> off and restart I get an error message (see below) and have to re-install
> the weather channel.
>
> Error Message: Unable to lad library wxfw.dll. Attempted to load
> c:/programfiles/theweatherchannel FW/framework/wxfw.dll. Error Code:126.
>
> I have searched the web for an answer and see other people receive the same
> error message, yet no one was able to provide a solution for this problem.
> Can anyone help.
>
> I have a dell computer running windows xp.
> thanks, Monika
>
> ps. I have all the system requirements to install that program.

For what it is worth on this late posting, I, too use WeatherPulse on
my Windows boxes. Nice program. I am pleased with it.

nbblr nbblr is offline
Junior Member

I have this same issue. It only started after I uninstalled the Weather Channel. "unable to load library wxfw.dll. Attempted to load C:\Programfiles\theweatherchannelfw\desktop\wxfw.d ll.errcode: 126" and the message comes up twice. Doesn't come back after you click 'X' but very annoying just the same.