Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Oops -Sipura 1001 -can't get connection

Oops -Sipura 1001 -can't get connection

Michael

Folks

I have had a bit of a whoopsy -tried to change a setting on my Sipura
1001 ATA and ended up with a factory reset.
Now, I cannot connect to any number dialled -I get the number
unobtainable tone.
Incoming calls are directed straight to my mailbox - phjone in the
house doesn't even ring.

I took screen shots of all my settings when I first got the system up
and running a year or so ago - but despite resetting everything to how
it was, IO still can't get it right.

My ATA is statically assigned an IP address and is connected to a
Belkin wireless router on a cable modem.

Any ideas (before the wife comes home and finds out!)

Thanks

Mick

Jono

Michael pretended :
> Folks
>
> I have had a bit of a whoopsy -tried to change a setting on my Sipura
> 1001 ATA and ended up with a factory reset.
> Now, I cannot connect to any number dialled -I get the number
> unobtainable tone.
> Incoming calls are directed straight to my mailbox - phjone in the
> house doesn't even ring.
>
> I took screen shots of all my settings when I first got the system up
> and running a year or so ago - but despite resetting everything to how
> it was, IO still can't get it right.
>
> My ATA is statically assigned an IP address and is connected to a
> Belkin wireless router on a cable modem.
>
> Any ideas (before the wife comes home and finds out!)

I take it you can access the web browser of the 1001?

What does dialling **** yield?

Can you upload the web pages from the 1001 anywhere for us to look at?

Michael

Jono wrote:

> Michael pretended :
> > Folks
> >
> > I have had a bit of a whoopsy -tried to change a setting on my
> > Sipura 1001 ATA and ended up with a factory reset.
> > Now, I cannot connect to any number dialled -I get the number
> > unobtainable tone.
> > Incoming calls are directed straight to my mailbox - phjone in the
> > house doesn't even ring.
> >
> > I took screen shots of all my settings when I first got the system
> > up and running a year or so ago - but despite resetting everything
> > to how it was, IO still can't get it right.
> >
> > My ATA is statically assigned an IP address and is connected to a
> > Belkin wireless router on a cable modem.
> >
> > Any ideas (before the wife comes home and finds out!)

> I take it you can access the web browser of the 1001?
>
> What does dialling **** yield?
>
> Can you upload the web pages from the 1001 anywhere for us to look at?

Hi

I can use **** no probs - I can get a dial tone - I can get to the
web interface and make changes etc -everything seems normal until I
try to make the call ..... not sure how to upload the pages though ....
cut and paste doesn't work - I could probably create an attachment?

Mick

Jono

Michael brought next idea :
> Jono wrote:
>
>> Michael pretended :
>>> Folks
>>>
>>> I have had a bit of a whoopsy -tried to change a setting on my
>>> Sipura 1001 ATA and ended up with a factory reset.
>>> Now, I cannot connect to any number dialled -I get the number
>>> unobtainable tone.
>>> Incoming calls are directed straight to my mailbox - phjone in the
>>> house doesn't even ring.
>>>
>>> I took screen shots of all my settings when I first got the system
>>> up and running a year or so ago - but despite resetting everything
>>> to how it was, IO still can't get it right.
>>>
>>> My ATA is statically assigned an IP address and is connected to a
>>> Belkin wireless router on a cable modem.
>>>
>>> Any ideas (before the wife comes home and finds out!)

>> I take it you can access the web browser of the 1001?
>>
>> What does dialling **** yield?
>>
>> Can you upload the web pages from the 1001 anywhere for us to look at?

> Hi
>
> I can use **** no probs - I can get a dial tone - I can get to the
> web interface and make changes etc -everything seems normal until I
> try to make the call ..... not sure how to upload the pages though ....
> cut and paste doesn't work - I could probably create an attachment?

Open the web browser to your SPA. Sign in as admin/advanced. File, Save
As (complete file, not html)

Upload the .mht (?) file to somewhere like www.yousendit.com and post
the link here.

Have you checked your dial plan? Post it here.

Have you got the firmware that allows two Service Providers to be
catered for? If so, are you sure you're dialling out on the correct
account?

Have you set "Line Enable" to Yes?

Have you configured the SPA to Static or DHCP? If static, make sure
you've also entered your ISP's DNS addresses in the appropriate place.

Michael

Jono wrote:

> Michael brought next idea :
> > Jono wrote:
> >
> > > Michael pretended :

> > > I take it you can access the web browser of the 1001?
> > >
> > > What does dialling **** yield?
> > >
> > > Can you upload the web pages from the 1001 anywhere for us to
> > > look at?

> > Hi
> >
> > I can use **** no probs - I can get a dial tone - I can get to the
> > web interface and make changes etc -everything seems normal until
> > I try to make the call ..... not sure how to upload the pages
> > though .... cut and paste doesn't work - I could probably create
> > an attachment?

> Open the web browser to your SPA. Sign in as admin/advanced. File,
> Save As (complete file, not html)
>
> Upload the .mht (?) file to somewhere like www.yousendit.com and post
> the link here.
>
> Have you checked your dial plan? Post it here.
>
> Have you got the firmware that allows two Service Providers to be
> catered for? If so, are you sure you're dialling out on the correct
> account?
>
> Have you set "Line Enable" to Yes?
>
> Have you configured the SPA to Static or DHCP? If static, make sure
> you've also entered your ISP's DNS addresses in the appropriate place.

This is a bit crazy - I now can't get into my own web space .... NTL !!

Neither can I copy / paste the doial tone settings ..... other than
line by line ... here's some of the stuff - hope it makes sense to you!

Dial tone - 350@-19,440@-22;10(*/0/1+2)
2nd dial tone - 420@-19,520@-19;10(*/0/1+2)
Outside dial tone - 420@-16;10(*/0/1)
Busy tione - 400@-20;10(.375/.375/1)

SIT1 tone -
950@-16,1400@-16,1800@-16;20(.330/0/1,.330/0/2,.330/0/3,0/1/0)

SIT2 tone -
914@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.274/0/1,.274/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)

Ring 1 cadence - 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
Ring 2 cadence - 60(1/2)

CWT1 - 30(.1/2)
CWT2 - 0(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/5)

Line 1 Status
Registration State: Registered Last Registration At: 8/10/2007 20:28:31

Next Registration In: 2375 s Message Waiting: No
Mapped SIP Port: 5060

Line 2 Status
Registration State: Registered Last Registration At: 8/10/2007 20:48:14

Next Registration In: 582 s Message Waiting: No
Mapped SIP Port: 5061

Mick

Jono

Michael has brought this to us :
> Neither can I copy / paste the doial tone settings

It's the dial plan that I want to see. At the very least it should look
like this: (*x|xx.)

Michael

Michael wrote:

> Jono wrote:
>
> > Michael brought next idea :

> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I can use **** no probs - I can get a dial tone - I can get to
> > > the web interface and make changes etc -everything seems normal
> > > until I try to make the call ..... not sure how to upload the
> > > pages though .... cut and paste doesn't work - I could probably
> > > create an attachment?

> > Open the web browser to your SPA. Sign in as admin/advanced. File,
> > Save As (complete file, not html)
> >
> > Upload the .mht (?) file to somewhere like www.yousendit.com and
> > post the link here.
> >
> > Have you checked your dial plan? Post it here.
> >
> > Have you got the firmware that allows two Service Providers to be
> > catered for? If so, are you sure you're dialling out on the correct
> > account?
> >
> > Have you set "Line Enable" to Yes?
> >
> > Have you configured the SPA to Static or DHCP? If static, make sure
> > you've also entered your ISP's DNS addresses in the appropriate
> > place.

> This is a bit crazy - I now can't get into my own web space .... NTL
> !!
>
> Neither can I copy / paste the doial tone settings ..... other than
> line by line ... here's some of the stuff - hope it makes sense to
> you!
>
> Dial tone - 350@-19,440@-22;10(*/0/1+2)
> 2nd dial tone - 420@-19,520@-19;10(*/0/1+2)
> Outside dial tone - 420@-16;10(*/0/1)
> Busy tione - 400@-20;10(.375/.375/1)
>
> SIT1 tone -
> 950@-16,1400@-16,1800@-16;20(.330/0/1,.330/0/2,.330/0/3,0/1/0)
>
> SIT2 tone -
> 914@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.274/0/1,.274/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
>
> Ring 1 cadence - 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
> Ring 2 cadence - 60(1/2)
>
> CWT1 - 30(.1/2)
> CWT2 - 0(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/5)
>
> Line 1 Status
> Registration State: Registered Last Registration At: 8/10/2007
> 20:28:31
>
> Next Registration In: 2375 s Message Waiting: No
> Mapped SIP Port: 5060
>
> Line 2 Status
> Registration State: Registered Last Registration At: 8/10/2007
> 20:48:14
>
> Next Registration In: 582 s Message Waiting: No
> Mapped SIP Port: 5061
>
> Mick

(*xx|xx)

I've discovered that I get the 'unobtainable' tone after dialling just
two digits .....

Mick

Jono

It happens that Michael formulated :
> Michael wrote:
>
>> Jono wrote:
>>
>>> Michael brought next idea :

>>> Open the web browser to your SPA. Sign in as admin/advanced. File,
>>> Save As (complete file, not html)
>>>
>>> Upload the .mht (?) file to somewhere like www.yousendit.com and
>>> post the link here.
>>>
>>> Have you checked your dial plan? Post it here.
>>>
>>> Have you got the firmware that allows two Service Providers to be
>>> catered for? If so, are you sure you're dialling out on the correct
>>> account?
>>>
>>> Have you set "Line Enable" to Yes?
>>>
>>> Have you configured the SPA to Static or DHCP? If static, make sure
>>> you've also entered your ISP's DNS addresses in the appropriate
>>> place.

>> This is a bit crazy - I now can't get into my own web space .... NTL
>> !!
>>
>> Neither can I copy / paste the doial tone settings ..... other than
>> line by line ... here's some of the stuff - hope it makes sense to
>> you!
>>
>> Dial tone - 350@-19,440@-22;10(*/0/1+2)
>> 2nd dial tone - 420@-19,520@-19;10(*/0/1+2)
>> Outside dial tone - 420@-16;10(*/0/1)
>> Busy tione - 400@-20;10(.375/.375/1)
>>
>> SIT1 tone -
>> 950@-16,1400@-16,1800@-16;20(.330/0/1,.330/0/2,.330/0/3,0/1/0)
>>
>> SIT2 tone -
>> 914@-16,1371@-16,1777@-16;20(.274/0/1,.274/0/2,.380/0/3,0/4/0)
>>
>> Ring 1 cadence - 60(.4/.2,.4/2)
>> Ring 2 cadence - 60(1/2)
>>
>> CWT1 - 30(.1/2)
>> CWT2 - 0(.25/.25,.25/.25,.25/5)
>>
>> Line 1 Status
>> Registration State: Registered Last Registration At: 8/10/2007
>> 20:28:31
>>
>> Next Registration In: 2375 s Message Waiting: No
>> Mapped SIP Port: 5060
>>
>> Line 2 Status
>> Registration State: Registered Last Registration At: 8/10/2007
>> 20:48:14
>>
>> Next Registration In: 582 s Message Waiting: No
>> Mapped SIP Port: 5061
>>
>> Mick

> (*xx|xx)
>
> I've discovered that I get the 'unobtainable' tone after dialling just
> two digits .....
>
> Mick

Yo've missed the dot

(*xx|xx.)

Michael

Jono wrote:

> Michael has brought this to us :
> > Neither can I copy / paste the doial tone settings

> It's the dial plan that I want to see. At the very least it should
> look like this: (*x|xx.)

Ah! Eureka!

The . after the xx !!!!!!!

I have put the . back in - and all works perfectly!

Thanks so much for all your help!

(wife just beat me to the answer - so had to admit I had been playing
withy the settings!)

Regards

Mick

Jono

Michael used his keyboard to write :
> Jono wrote:
>
>> Michael has brought this to us :
>>> Neither can I copy / paste the doial tone settings

>> It's the dial plan that I want to see. At the very least it should
>> look like this: (*x|xx.)

> Ah! Eureka!
>
> The . after the xx !!!!!!!
>
> I have put the . back in - and all works perfectly!
>
> Thanks so much for all your help!
>
> (wife just beat me to the answer - so had to admit I had been playing
> withy the settings!)

Haha. I noticed.

You could make things a bit more wife-friendly with a bit of thought in your dial plan.

For instance, something like this:

(<*,:>xxxxxxxS0>|<:01274>[2-9]xxxxxS0|0[1-8]xxxxxxxxxS0|001[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|00[2-9]xxxxx.|xx.|*xx)

......would allow a 7 digit SIP ID to be dialled if you prefix the call
with a #, 6 digit local dialling - if your provider needs calls to begin
with 0044, change 01274 to 00441274 (unless you don't live in Bradford, of course)

Error in install package: Error 1001. Unable to get installer types in the Inv2_web.dll assembly Monty ASP .Net 1 01-21-2008 03:04 AM
Port 1001 wh Computer Support 3 11-05-2004 05:02 PM
Port 1001 wh Computer Support 0 11-04-2004 10:24 PM
Port 1001 wh Computer Support 1 11-01-2004 07:34 PM
port 1001 wh Computer Support 0 10-26-2004 03:06 AM

Advertisments