Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Look, a Post

Look, a Post

James

Ok, so I am to lazy to research, and seeing as all of you genious
MCGPGLMNOP's all have lots of free time....how would I go about doing this.

One of my users, has horrible taste in hockey teams. All I hear about is
how great they are, and how bad my team sucks. He is using a thin client
connected to a windows 2000 TS server, with lots of restrictions, such as
not being able to change the default wallpaper....is there anyway I can
connect to the server and change just HIS default wallpaper to a nice hockey
team wallpaper Somewhere in the registry or something perhaps?

Microcephalic S. Bob

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, so I am to lazy to research, and seeing as all of you genious
> MCGPGLMNOP's all have lots of free time....how would I go about doing
> this.
>
> One of my users, has horrible taste in hockey teams. All I hear about is
> how great they are, and how bad my team sucks. He is using a thin client
> connected to a windows 2000 TS server, with lots of restrictions, such as
> not being able to change the default wallpaper....is there anyway I can
> connect to the server and change just HIS default wallpaper to a nice
> hockey team wallpaper Somewhere in the registry or something perhaps?

If you can put a computer program on his computer and execute it, you can do
just about anything. So you could work up a little app that simply shows a
form with the picture in it, and put it in the startup group.

In this case, if you can get some sort of file access, and if there's a
'default' wallpaper, you could track down that file, and replace it with one
of your own. Of course, Win2k has some 'you can't overwrite default files'
that's supposed to fix things if they get corrupt, which of course would be
cool if it worked, but, I think Ben Smith had something to do with that
part, because it's not working, and I blame Ben Smith for all of my problems
with the computer, as we all should.

Also, if he's running Word or Office and has VBA installed, well, you can
make the machine do just about anything you want by shipping him a document
with a macro or module, with code to overwrite the registry entry and
whatnot. Here's a link with code that claims to do it:

http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...37081&lngWId=1

But the hockey stuff, well, I just consider that small time. If you're going
to all this trouble, get a picture of grandma in her cheerleader outfit for
your team up there.

Also, please observe that we are trying to post fewer messages, and post
your acceptance of this.

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, James spewed across the ether:

> Ok, so I am to lazy to research, and seeing as all of you genious
> MCGPGLMNOP's all have lots of free time....how would I go about doing
> this.
>
> One of my users, has horrible taste in hockey teams. All I hear about
> is how great they are, and how bad my team sucks. He is using a thin
> client connected to a windows 2000 TS server, with lots of
> restrictions, such as not being able to change the default
> wallpaper....is there anyway I can connect to the server and change
> just HIS default wallpaper

Sure. If you really were the site admin.

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110

Grep

"Sure. If you really were the site admin."

hehehe

LRM

"James" <(E-Mail Removed)> babbled aimlessly in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> He is using a thin client connected to a windows 2000 TS server, with
> lots of restrictions, such as not being able to change the default
> wallpaper....is there anyway I can connect to the server and change just
> HIS default wallpaper to a nice hockey team wallpaper Somewhere in the
> registry or something perhaps?

That's it James, stop trying to touch the registry and go to your
room------->

--
LRM
Werner von Braun:

TechGeekPro

On Nov 17, 2005 at 5:38pm "James" blathered:

> MCGPGLMNOP's

When should I stop laughing?

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.techgeekpro.com

The Rev [MCT]

I have to admit....that was kinda funny.

--
..rev - mct.mcngp.44
..
> On Nov 17, 2005 at 5:38pm "James" blathered:
>
>> MCGPGLMNOP's

> When should I stop laughing?
>
> --
> TGP MCNGP #100100
> http://www.techgeekpro.com
> Everything should be built top-down, except the first time.

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok, so I am to lazy to research, and seeing as all of you genious
> MCGPGLMNOP's all have lots of free time....how would I go about doing
> this.
>
> One of my users, has horrible taste in hockey teams. All I hear about is
> how great they are, and how bad my team sucks. He is using a thin client
> connected to a windows 2000 TS server, with lots of restrictions, such as
> not being able to change the default wallpaper....is there anyway I can
> connect to the server and change just HIS default wallpaper to a nice
> hockey team wallpaper Somewhere in the registry or something perhaps?

The answer is clear and simple. Stop following hockey and find yourself a
college football team to root for. I recommend Temple.

kpg

Grep <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178011.htm (11/18/2005
> 8:27:12 AM) #
>
> "Sure. If you really were the site admin."
>

> hehehe

Grep - please explain why the unix tool of the same
name is called grep. I never understood that.

THKS.

FrisbeeŽ

"kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
news:Xns9712562DCA680ipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1.. .
> Grep <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like
>
>> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\178011.htm (11/18/2005
>> 8:27:12 AM) #
>>
>> "Sure. If you really were the site admin."
>>

>> hehehe

> Grep - please explain why the unix tool of the same
> name is called grep. I never understood that.
>
> THKS.

Good Really Exceptional Program.