Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Smoother Lines in Turtle Graphics

Smoother Lines in Turtle Graphics

tomy

Hi All
I am a newbie to turtle graphics in python, so sorry if you find this
question too easy.
How can I get smoother lines in turtle graphics?
I am using python on windows.

Thanks in advance

Diez B. Roggisch

tomy wrote:

> Hi All
> I am a newbie to turtle graphics in python, so sorry if you find this
> question too easy.
> How can I get smoother lines in turtle graphics?
> I am using python on windows.

What turtle graphics? I'm not aware that there is some
standard-turtle-graphics available, so it might be a problem of your
turtle-graphics-package.

Diez

Ant

On Aug 10, 11:41 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> tomy wrote:
> > Hi All

> What turtle graphics? I'm not aware that there is some
> standard-turtle-graphics available, so it might be a problem of your
> turtle-graphics-package.
>
> Diez

import turtle

Its part of the standard Library! I don't know the answer to the OP's
question mind you, I'd played around a little with it a while ago, but
nothing more.

Python: Batteries and Turtles included!

--
Ant...

http://antroy.blogspot.com/

Jeremy Sanders

Ant wrote:

> Python: Batteries and Turtles included!

I didn't know that! It looks like turtle is based on Tk, which doesn't have
antialiasing yet (see http://wiki.tcl.tk/10101 ), so it can't really be
made nice and smooth (unless you could somehow use tkzinc/tkpath to draw
with).

I suppose turtle wouldn't be that hard to reimplement it to use Qt/Gtk
instead.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders
http://www.jeremysanders.net/

Steve Holden

Jeremy Sanders wrote:
> Ant wrote:
>
>> Python: Batteries and Turtles included!

> I didn't know that! It looks like turtle is based on Tk, which doesn't have
> antialiasing yet (see http://wiki.tcl.tk/10101 ), so it can't really be
> made nice and smooth (unless you could somehow use tkzinc/tkpath to draw
> with).
>
> I suppose turtle wouldn't be that hard to reimplement it to use Qt/Gtk
> instead.

Doing that would make it less useful, though, since the primary value of
turtle is to provide something that (sort of) works fro the standard
library without adding further batteries.

regards
Steve
--
Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119

kyosohma@gmail.com

On Aug 9, 6:56 pm, tomy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi All
> I am a newbie to turtle graphics in python, so sorry if you find this
> question too easy.
> How can I get smoother lines in turtle graphics?
> I am using python on windows.
>
> Thanks in advance

You may be better off using PIL or pygame for this sort of thing.

Mike