Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Possible to split a PrinterJob ??

Possible to split a PrinterJob ??

tonylaq

Hi all,
I am using java Printerjob with Book to create some page to print.
The problem I have is that the generation of all the page a pretty
long.
I usually gets 100 pages and each page take up to 2 seconds.

I would like to know if there is a way to start the printing process
as soon as page are ready and not wait 5 minutes to create the batch
and after that another 3-5 minutes with the printer ?

Can we append page to the book once the print is started ?
thanks,

tonylaq

On Aug 9, 3:26 pm, tonylaq <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am using java Printerjob with Book to create some page to print.
> The problem I have is that the generation of all the page a pretty
> long.
> I usually gets 100 pages and each page take up to 2 seconds.
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to start the printing process
> as soon as page are ready and not wait 5 minutes to create the batch
> and after that another 3-5 minutes with the printer ?
>
> Can we append page to the book once the print is started ?
> thanks,

Anyone ?

Jeffrey H. Coffield

tonylaq wrote:
> On Aug 9, 3:26 pm, tonylaq <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I am using java Printerjob with Book to create some page to print.
>> The problem I have is that the generation of all the page a pretty
>> long.
>> I usually gets 100 pages and each page take up to 2 seconds.
>>
>> I would like to know if there is a way to start the printing process
>> as soon as page are ready and not wait 5 minutes to create the batch
>> and after that another 3-5 minutes with the printer ?
>>
>> Can we append page to the book once the print is started ?
>> thanks,

> Anyone ?

If you can send each page as a separate print job that would allow the
printer to start before all pages are done. The problem is if someone
else sends a job in between.

Jeff Coffield

IndexOutOfBoundsException getting a PrinterJob.defaultPage() on a Linux box joseph_daniel_zukiger@yahoo.com Java 1 01-10-2006 09:44 PM
BufferedImage + PrinterJob Maciek Java 0 11-01-2005 02:48 PM
Read PrinterJob Dialog settings Mike Java 0 09-08-2004 10:43 AM
Selecting Printer w/PrinterJob Brad Grier Java 0 02-19-2004 06:26 AM
PrinterJob.printDialog() - adding extra tab panels Steve Jones Java 0 02-18-2004 07:17 PM

Advertisments