/** * vBulletin 3.8.8 Beta 2 CSS * Style: 'Velocity Reviews 3.8'; Style ID: 4 */ @import url("http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-ae02f2a0-00004.css"); safe mode - Page 5

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > safe mode

safe mode

TechGeekPro

On Nov 15, 2005 at 2:32pm "kpg" blathered:

> TechGeekPro <%username%@gmail.com> said something like
>
>> # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\177646.htm (11/15/2005
>> 1:30:59 PM) # On Nov 15, 2005 at 11:55am "mike" blathered:
>>
>>> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

>> LotM

> Now hold on. You haven't been here all month so you can't
> just start handing out LotM's.
>
> LotH

Sorry. My bad. Is my hour up yet?

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

Jtyc

> No, but it's a trick answer.

What, like turning a trick?

Jtyc

> OK, 'Screwed' can't be the only option here, are there any other options
> at
> this point, I have tried reinstalling 98, but it won't let me do anyting
> before it shuts down. Please help, if at all possible, this is my boss's
> computer, and if I can't fix it I will certainly be 'screwed'

I call bullbutter.

TechGeekPro

On Nov 15, 2005 at 3:30pm "Jtyc" blathered:

>> No, but it's a trick answer.

> What, like turning a trick?

I wouldn't know.

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> OK, 'Screwed' can't be the only option here, are there any other options
>> at
>> this point, I have tried reinstalling 98, but it won't let me do anyting
>> before it shuts down. Please help, if at all possible, this is my boss's
>> computer, and if I can't fix it I will certainly be 'screwed'

> I call bullbutter.

Most would prefer K-Y jelly. I hear they got a new version that heats on
contact.

I ain't going anywhere near that stuff. I once accidentally put some
Ben-Gay in the wrong place, and it was not a pleasant experience.

Jtyc

> I wouldn't know.

It's the question that drives us. It's the question that brought you here.
You know the question, just as I did.

TechGeekPro

On Nov 15, 2005 at 1:32pm "FrisbeeŽ" blathered:

> Winner! Winner!
>
> Chicken Dinner!

I enjoyed my Chicken Dinner.
By the way, you owe me five thirty-three.
*Gotta wanna needa getta havea Bojangles*

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

Jtyc

> I ain't going anywhere near that stuff. I once accidentally put some
> Ben-Gay in the wrong place, and it was not a pleasant experience.

Do I know you?

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

Thanks guys for your help, I was able to find a 98 boot disk that fixed the
problem.

take care,
mike

TechGeekPro

On Nov 15, 2005 at 3:44pm "Jtyc" blathered:

>> I wouldn't know.

> It's the question that drives us. It's the question that brought you here.
> You know the question, just as I did.

Don't ask me. I took the blue pill.

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 2 09-23-2005 07:39 PM
Re: Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 0 09-23-2005 04:50 PM
Safe mode Vs normal mode Echy Firefox 6 08-27-2005 07:56 PM
adware different in safe mode and normal mode?? Ladydeb Computer Support 0 09-24-2004 09:30 AM

Advertisments