Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > safe mode

safe mode

=?Utf-8?B?aGQgdHJvbGw=?=

I'd recon it'd be a case of 'necessity' at 'this stage'.
--
hd troll

"Kline Sphere" wrote:

> >I'd also recommend upgrading your OS.

> what, to ms-dos 3.x
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

=?Utf-8?B?aGQgdHJvbGw=?=

which computer are you typing these posts from?

troll!, erm. I mean hd troll

"mike" wrote:

> I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and am now unable to boot the computer at
> all, it says to run setup to install the file system.ini. How do i do this?
>
> "Frisbee®" wrote:
>
> > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > On Nov 15, 2005 at 11:55am "mike" blathered:

> > > By installing Xp.

> > Winner! Winner!
> >
> > Chicken Dinner!

Consultant

heh

"mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and now am unable to reboot the
>computer,
> any advice??
> To clarify, I just want to use the operating system in the normal mode,
> not
> the safe mode.
> thanks
>
> "Frisbee«" wrote:
>
>> "Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > by deleting the file win.ini

>> Why are you giving him only half the answer? So he'll post back again?
>>
>> He also needs to delete system.ini

TechGeekPro

On Nov 15, 2005 at 1:50pm "Frisbee«" blathered:

> "mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and am now unable to boot the computer
>>at
>> all, it says to run setup to install the file system.ini. How do i do
>> this?

> You know that little trash can thingy on your desktop? It's called a
> recycle bin. Oh, wait, you can't get to that, can you.
>
> You're screwed.

Good thing it's afternoon. That would have woke the neighbors for sure.

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

TechGeekPro

On Nov 15, 2005 at 11:55am "mike" blathered:

> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

LotM

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

I'm using another computer, now. The other one won't let me boot at all now,
except to say "run windows setup to install the file system.ini".

"hd troll" wrote:

> which computer are you typing these posts from?
>
> troll!, erm. I mean hd troll
>

> "mike" wrote:
>
> > I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and am now unable to boot the computer at
> > all, it says to run setup to install the file system.ini. How do i do this?
> >
> > "Frisbee®" wrote:
> >
> > > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Winner! Winner!
> > >
> > > Chicken Dinner!

Briscobar

mike <(E-Mail Removed)> rambled:

> I'm using another computer, now. The other one won't let me boot at
> all now, except to say "run windows setup to install the file
> system.ini".

So why don't you do that?

--
KB

MCNGP #26
When a girl walks in with a itty bitty waist and a round thing in your
face, you get www.mcngp.com.

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

OK, 'Screwed' can't be the only option here, are there any other options at
this point, I have tried reinstalling 98, but it won't let me do anyting
before it shuts down. Please help, if at all possible, this is my boss's
computer, and if I can't fix it I will certainly be 'screwed'

"Frisbee®" wrote:

> "mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and am now unable to boot the computer
> >at
> > all, it says to run setup to install the file system.ini. How do i do
> > this?

> You know that little trash can thingy on your desktop? It's called a
> recycle bin. Oh, wait, you can't get to that, can you.
>
> You're screwed.

=?Utf-8?B?aGQgdHJvbGw=?=

I have the most awesome image of you laffing your ass off.
--
hd troll

"TechGeekPro" wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2005 at 1:50pm "Frisbee®" blathered:
>
> > "mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and am now unable to boot the computer
> >>at
> >> all, it says to run setup to install the file system.ini. How do i do
> >> this?

> > You know that little trash can thingy on your desktop? It's called a
> > recycle bin. Oh, wait, you can't get to that, can you.
> >
> > You're screwed.

> Good thing it's afternoon. That would have woke the neighbors for sure.
>
> --
> TGP MCNGP #100100
> http://www.mcngp.com
> Will work for bandwidth.

Frisbee«

"mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> OK, 'Screwed' can't be the only option here, are there any other options
> at
> this point, I have tried reinstalling 98, but it won't let me do anyting
> before it shuts down. Please help, if at all possible, this is my boss's
> computer, and if I can't fix it I will certainly be 'screwed'

Yes, I suggest you post your question in the microsoft.public.msagent
newsgroup. There are many professional agents of Microsoft who will be
willing and able to help you right away.

And it's free.

Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 2 09-23-2005 07:39 PM
Re: Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 0 09-23-2005 04:50 PM
Safe mode Vs normal mode Echy Firefox 6 08-27-2005 07:56 PM
adware different in safe mode and normal mode?? Ladydeb Computer Support 0 09-24-2004 09:30 AM

Advertisments