Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > safe mode

safe mode

TechGeekPro

On Nov 15, 2005 at 11:55am "mike" blathered:

> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

By installing Xp.

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

TechGeekPro

On Nov 15, 2005 at 12:25pm "Frisbee«" blathered:

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> by deleting the file win.ini

> Why are you giving him only half the answer? So he'll post back again?
>
> He also needs to delete system.ini

LMAO!!! Ghod this stuff just slays me.

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and now am unable to reboot the computer,
any advice??
To clarify, I just want to use the operating system in the normal mode, not
the safe mode.
thanks

"Frisbee®" wrote:

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > by deleting the file win.ini

> Why are you giving him only half the answer? So he'll post back again?
>
> He also needs to delete system.ini

Frisbee«

> On Nov 15, 2005 at 11:55am "mike" blathered:
>
>> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

> By installing Xp.

Winner! Winner!

Chicken Dinner!

Kline Sphere

>I'd also recommend upgrading your OS.

what, to ms-dos 3.x

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

TechGeekPro

On Nov 15, 2005 at 1:05pm "Jtyc" blathered:

>> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

> Is that a trick question?

No, but it's a trick answer.

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

LnkWizard

"mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and now am unable to reboot the

computer,
> any advice??
> To clarify, I just want to use the operating system in the normal mode,

not
> the safe mode.
> thanks

Dam%!!! Now I need a new keyboard and flatpanel. Plus, everyone is
looking at me wondering why I am laughing so hard. Please tell me
you;re being a troll.

Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

http://www.mcngp.com

TechGeekPro

On Nov 15, 2005 at 1:32pm "Frisbee«" blathered:

> Winner! Winner!
>
> Chicken Dinner!

With slaw and 'tater salad!?

--
TGP MCNGP #100100
http://www.mcngp.com

=?Utf-8?B?bWlrZQ==?=

I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and am now unable to boot the computer at
all, it says to run setup to install the file system.ini. How do i do this?

"Frisbee®" wrote:

> "TechGeekPro" <%username%@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > On Nov 15, 2005 at 11:55am "mike" blathered:
> >
> >> How do I turn safe mode off of my windows 98 system?

> > By installing Xp.

> Winner! Winner!
>
> Chicken Dinner!

Frisbee«

"mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I deleted system.ini, and win.ini, and am now unable to boot the computer
>at
> all, it says to run setup to install the file system.ini. How do i do
> this?

You know that little trash can thingy on your desktop? It's called a
recycle bin. Oh, wait, you can't get to that, can you.

You're screwed.

Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 2 09-23-2005 07:39 PM
Re: Norton Antivirus 2005 will not scan in normal mode but will in safe mode Vic Computer Support 0 09-23-2005 04:50 PM
Safe mode Vs normal mode Echy Firefox 6 08-27-2005 07:56 PM
adware different in safe mode and normal mode?? Ladydeb Computer Support 0 09-24-2004 09:30 AM

Advertisments