Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > autosize

autosize

bassbag

Is it possible for firefox to autosize a web page (width) so that it
fits on my screen without having to move the left/right side bar (or
the left/right scroll)?...or is this not possible with any browser?
tia
me

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

bassbag wrote:
> Is it possible for firefox to autosize a web page (width) so that it
> fits on my screen without having to move the left/right side bar (or
> the left/right scroll)?...or is this not possible with any browser?
> tia
> me

as far as I know, its dependend on the website coding.

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

bassbag

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

> bassbag wrote:
> > Is it possible for firefox to autosize a web page (width) so that it
> > fits on my screen without having to move the left/right side bar (or
> > the left/right scroll)?...or is this not possible with any browser?
> > tia
> > me

> as far as I know, its dependend on the website coding.

Thanks...it seems the problem is that im using 800x600 resolution on
w98.Changing to 1024x768 seems to fix the problem however i find my
desktop and everything way too small at that resolution.I was hoping
firefox may have had something in in its config settings that would
auto adjust it to my resolution.
Ahh well
thanks anyway.
me

Ralph Fox

On 9 Aug 2007 15:46:17 GMT, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
bassbag wrote:

> Is it possible for firefox to autosize a web page (width) so that it
> fits on my screen without having to move the left/right side bar (or
> the left/right scroll)?...or is this not possible with any browser?

The Opera browser has a "fit to width" option setting. It works
well on some pages but not so perfect on a few.

This option setting is not on the view menu. It is buried deep in
the option settings.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

bassbag

Ralph Fox wrote:

> On 9 Aug 2007 15:46:17 GMT, in message
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, bassbag wrote:
>
> > Is it possible for firefox to autosize a web page (width) so that it
> > fits on my screen without having to move the left/right side bar (or
> > the left/right scroll)?...or is this not possible with any browser?

> The Opera browser has a "fit to width" option setting. It works
> well on some pages but not so perfect on a few.
>
> This option setting is not on the view menu. It is buried deep in
> the option settings.

I have opera installed and it is actually under the view tab ,and
indeed it works fine.I was hoping firefox may have a similar function
in its about:config though.
me

Stranz

The idea behind that website oversize on your screen is to buy a new
wide screen monitor. I was just on the jump to it. But in fact OPERA
seems to fix this and MOZILLA not.
The same misery happens with TV. You are just obliged to throw your TV
into the dustbin and buy a new widescreen TV.
This way more sales are forced.
R.
"bassbag" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb:

>Is it possible for firefox to autosize a web page (width) so that it
>fits on my screen without having to move the left/right side bar (or
>the left/right scroll)?...or is this not possible with any browser?
>tia
>me

Rufus Steele

Stranz wrote:
> The idea behind that website oversize on your screen is to buy a new
> wide screen monitor. I was just on the jump to it. But in fact OPERA
> seems to fix this and MOZILLA not.
> The same misery happens with TV. You are just obliged to throw your TV
> into the dustbin and buy a new widescreen TV.
> This way more sales are forced.

Uhh....... it's all about screen resolution, nothing to do with monitor
viewing size.

Or was that a joke that I just didn't quite get.

Re: autosize columns of gridview Eliyahu Goldin ASP .Net 1 12-13-2006 07:19 AM
How do you autosize a Table Cell? =?Utf-8?B?U0FM?= ASP .Net 1 08-10-2006 06:23 PM
newbie: autosize Jeff ASP .Net 3 07-14-2006 05:57 PM
set autosize of datagrid to no raymond chiu ASP .Net 1 12-29-2005 04:23 AM
How to autosize the row heigth in a Datagrid Dennis Strickland via .NET 247 ASP .Net 1 06-15-2004 11:42 AM

Advertisments