Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > blocked emails

blocked emails

Blinky the Shark

Vanguard wrote:
> "Blinky the Shark" wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>
>> I've heard that the rules *can't* be expanded via addon because of
>> lacking code in the program itself.

> Damn. I was hoping someone came up with a pre-filtering plug-in that
> itself could implement better rules and maybe add tag headers that the
> regular rules could trigger on. I only had a couple minutes to wade
> through some of the add-ons. Guess Tbird still is deficient in rules.

Yep. You could use Hamster. Or, perhaps, nFilter. I've never used
either, because my heavy lifters for news/mail have good filtering
capabilities (or they would only be novelties for me, like TB). But
others are happy using them (Hamster and nFilter, and, for that matter
slrnpull and Leafnode). A good place to discuss their various plusses
and minuses is news.software.readers. It's the first group I read after
I poll the server. It's a good small group and has some wizards.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups.