Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WPA-PSK

WPA-PSK

=?Utf-8?B?ZGVycmlja20=?=

I am trying to set up a wireless network with WPA-PSK. The Network Key
generated by Windows XP is 64 characters, but a maximum of 63 characters is
accepted. I have checked both the D-Link manual and the Microsoft Knowledge
Base, which both confirm that the maximum is 63 characters.
How do I get a 63 character password?

Yves Konigshofer

WPA-PSK uses a passphrase and does not require that you enter a key as would
be the case with WEP. Thus, you should be able to use any alphanumeric
combination that you want; up to a certain number of characters.

-Yves

news:(E-Mail Removed)...