Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Happy Birthday

OT: Happy Birthday

Jtyc

Happy 230th to the United States Marine Corp!

Semper Fidelis

kpg

Jtyc <(E-Mail Removed)> said something like

> Happy 230th to the United States Marine Corp!

Pop quiz:

What was the name of the tavern where the Corps started?

Jtyc

> What was the name of the tavern where the Corps started?

I know so I won't ruin it.

FrisbeeŽ

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What was the name of the tavern where the Corps started?

> I know so I won't ruin it.

The Dew Drop Inn?

FrisbeeŽ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Happy 230th to the United States Marine Corp!

You don't look a day over 80 to me.

Jtyc

> You don't look a day over 80 to me.

Thanks!

I work out.

Jtyc

> The Dew Drop Inn?

You guys are terrible at this.

Answer: Tunn Tavern

Neil

did you hear "Jtyc" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in news:Og5oiej5FHA.2552
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

>> The Dew Drop Inn?

> You guys are terrible at this.
>
> Answer: Tunn Tavern

hate to correct a marine and all but:

http://www.tun-tavern.com/

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- WYSIWIT - What You See Is What I Typed

kpg

On November 10, 1775, the Continental Congress commissioned
Samuel Nicholas to raise two Battalions of Marines. That very
day, Nicholas set up shop in Tun Tavern. He appointed Robert
Mullan, the proprietor of the tavern, to the job of chief Marine
Recruiter -- serving, of course, from his place of business at
Tun Tavern. Prospective recruits flocked to the tavern, lured
by (1) cold beer and (2) the opportunity to serve in the new
Corps of Marines. So, yes, the U.S. Marine Corps was indeed
born in Tun Tavern.

Semper Fi

Jtyc

> http://www.tun-tavern.com/

That's what I said.

Happy Birthday Modfather unholy The Lounge 17 01-13-2006 07:13 AM
Re: OT: Happy Birthday Pedro Simoes MCSE 0 11-24-2005 07:52 PM
OT: Happy Birthday [You forgot, you !@#*(] Microcephalic S. Bob MCSE 2 11-15-2005 02:18 PM
OT:Happy Birthday CBIC MCSE 59 11-08-2005 09:21 PM
Say Happy Birthday!!!! unholy The Lounge 20 07-04-2005 01:49 AM

Advertisments