Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Slow Network

Slow Network

Someone

People are complaing the network is slow, including browsing the
Internet. Please where do I need to look or do to determine the root
cause of the slowness. The Network is made up of a 6500, few 4000 and
lots of 3550s spanning about eight buildings. Thanks.

Trendkill

On Aug 7, 11:09 pm, Someone <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> People are complaing the network is slow, including browsing the
> Internet. Please where do I need to look or do to determine the root
> cause of the slowness. The Network is made up of a 6500, few 4000 and
> lots of 3550s spanning about eight buildings. Thanks.

Ummm....very broad question, but its probably always a good idea to
start in the core MSFC and switch, and start looking at logs. Unless
you have daisy-chained devices and small legacy links, a modern
network should not be slow unless there are issues. Well, its also a
good idea to find out what 'slow network' means. If they are all
hitting the same email or file server, then you may have a bottleneck
on a node rather than the network. Basically, start at the core, but
we need more information to give further advice.