Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Step By Step Instructions

Step By Step Instructions

Glenallan

"Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you see in your Network Connections icon in your control panel?
>
> Carey

It is headed Network Connections.
Down the LH side of the sreen it says.

Create New Connection
Setup a home or small office network
Change Windows Firewall
---------------------------------------| (No Icons appear here on
the
main part of the screen)
SEE ALSO
Network troubleshooter
---------------------------------------| (No Icons appear here on
the
main part of the screen)
OTHER PLACES

Control Panel
My Network Places
My Documents
My Computer
-----------------------------------------| (No Icons appear here on
the
main part of the screen)
DETAILS
Network Connections
System Folder

That's it. There is nothing on the field where you'd expect to see the
icons.
It does of course say that the Network has to be enabled as stated
previously.

Cheers...Robert.
-----------------

Glenallan

"Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What do you see in your Network Connections icon in your control panel?
>
> Carey

PS. I cannot start the Network Setup Wizard.either.
Is this a clue.?? Suppose I restore to an earlier time??
Would that help.

Cheers...Robert
-----------------

Carey Holzman

I would recommend you remove/uninstall all of the network devices in the
Device Manager and then allow the computer to search and locate/install them
again.

Carey

"Glenallan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41d1cf7b$0$16590$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What do you see in your Network Connections icon in your control panel?
>>
>> Carey

> It is headed Network Connections.
> Down the LH side of the sreen it says.
>
> Create New Connection
> Setup a home or small office network
> Change Windows Firewall
> ---------------------------------------| (No Icons appear here
> on
> the
> main part of the screen)
> SEE ALSO
> Network troubleshooter
> ---------------------------------------| (No Icons appear here
> on
> the
> main part of the screen)
> OTHER PLACES
>
> Control Panel
> My Network Places
> My Documents
> My Computer
> -----------------------------------------| (No Icons appear here
> on
> the
> main part of the screen)
> DETAILS
> Network Connections
> System Folder
>

> That's it. There is nothing on the field where you'd expect to see the
> icons.
> It does of course say that the Network has to be enabled as stated
> previously.
>
> Cheers...Robert.
> -----------------

Glenallan

"Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would recommend you remove/uninstall all of the network devices in the
>Device Manager and then allow the computer to search and locate/install
>them again.
>
> Carey

Carey,

OK. That is what I will do.
Thanks for having a look at the problems.
I just 'know' that your setup instructions will
work once I get access to the Icon.

Cheers...Robert
-----------------

Carey Holzman

Once again: I would recommend you remove/uninstall all of the network
devices in the
Device Manager and then allow the computer to search and locate/install them
again.

Carey

"Glenallan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41d1d073$0$16577$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What do you see in your Network Connections icon in your control panel?
>>
>> Carey

> PS. I cannot start the Network Setup Wizard.either.
> Is this a clue.?? Suppose I restore to an earlier time??
> Would that help.
>
> Cheers...Robert
> -----------------

Tony

"Glenallan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41d1cf7b$0$16590$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Carey Holzman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What do you see in your Network Connections icon in your control panel?
>>
>> Carey

> It is headed Network Connections.
> Down the LH side of the sreen it says.
>
> Create New Connection
> Setup a home or small office network
> Change Windows Firewall
> ---------------------------------------| (No Icons appear here
> on
> the
> main part of the screen)
> SEE ALSO
> Network troubleshooter
> ---------------------------------------| (No Icons appear here
> on
> the
> main part of the screen)
> OTHER PLACES
>
> Control Panel
> My Network Places
> My Documents
> My Computer
> -----------------------------------------| (No Icons appear here
> on
> the
> main part of the screen)
> DETAILS
> Network Connections
> System Folder
>

> That's it. There is nothing on the field where you'd expect to see the
> icons.
> It does of course say that the Network has to be enabled as stated
> previously.
>
> Cheers...Robert.
> -----------------

Hi,

Can you go to control panel, add or remove programmes, click on add/remove
window components, scroll down to networking services, click on it then
click properties and confirm that the following services are selected:

Internet Gateway Device Discovery and Control Client
Peer-to-peer
Simple TCP/IP Services
UPnP User Interface

If they aren't there, add them and reboot. If they are there cancel out and
right click on My Computer then click on Manage.

Go down to Services and Applications and click on services. Look for
Network Connections. Status should be Started, Start Up Type should be
manual. If it is not started, double click on it and click start where it
says Service Status. Change from disabled to manual if it says disabled.