Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > e-learning subscriptions

e-learning subscriptions

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

Hi,

I am interested in working towards getting MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web
Applications certification. However I am not sure the best way to learn the
appropriate information.

I've read that the training books for the 70-536 exam are not very good and
the e learning seems quite expensive.

The only option I can see on the site is for a 3 year subscription, I
certainly hope it won't take me 3 years to go through each course! So it
seems strange that such a long time is offered. Is there any way of getting
shorter subscriptons for less cost?

Thanks,
Mike

=?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=

Good day, Mike!

The subscription term you are seeing is for the specific content you are
interested in. Each e-learning subscription has an associated pricepoint and
subscription length. For example, if you look at some other course, it may
only be $99 and may be valid for a year...

Some new beta content, etc, is sometimes also made availible free. Please
keep in mind that you are targeting some material which is out, has been
solid for quite some time. Thus, Microsoft is at the point now where they
are using the full price point and recouping the cost of development, working
towards profitability on this particular e-learning.

Is this e-learning something that you could get your work to pay for?

If not, examine the cost of the training and thec ertification against the
revenue which you could potentially be gaining. I would bet that the cost to
potential attributable income balance would justify paying the money.

At any rate, if you find this e-learning to be a little bit on the expensive
side, have you examined some of the MSDN resources to go subject by subject?
--
Wayne Anderson