Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Interactive utility to help with custom datetime format specifiers

Interactive utility to help with custom datetime format specifiers

John Mott

Hi all,

I've developed an interactive utility that can assist in the development of
custom datetime format specifier strings. In addition to enumerating the
options it will show how a combined set of options can be rendered. I plan
on fleshing out the series to the other format specifier permutations as
well, but this one was the toughest nut to crack so I did it first. It took
a lot of time to develop and I feel pretty good about it as a reference;
there is no way that I could retain the knowledge MMM is the three letter
version of the month

http://www.nicecleanexample.com/Tool...omFmtSpec.aspx

John

Nice Clean Examples at nicecleanexample.com

George Ter-Saakov

Hi, I do not want to kill your party but those things very well documented
in MSDN
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...56(VS.71).aspx

George.

"John Mott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23VWiW$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
>
> I've developed an interactive utility that can assist in the development
> of
> custom datetime format specifier strings. In addition to enumerating the
> options it will show how a combined set of options can be rendered. I plan
> on fleshing out the series to the other format specifier permutations as
> well, but this one was the toughest nut to crack so I did it first. It
> took
> a lot of time to develop and I feel pretty good about it as a reference;
> there is no way that I could retain the knowledge MMM is the three letter
> version of the month
>
> http://www.nicecleanexample.com/Tool...omFmtSpec.aspx
>
> John
>
> Nice Clean Examples at nicecleanexample.com

John Mott

Hi George,

No buzzkill recieved

I have no grand illusions that a simple web utility will provide a more
comprehensive knowledge than MSDN, which I think is the best documentation
for developers ever written. I really do. I use it all the time. My stuff is
intended as a quick reference.

I don't know about you, but there a thousand little details about how to do
this or that on the platform on on the web in general that are jumbling
around and many of them delete themselves after an inactivity period. I need
lots of cheat sheets.

John

news:(E-Mail Removed)...