Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > BSR Placement

BSR Placement

dennis

Hi all,

I have do discuss the placement for the BSR in a LAN
This deployment is a three layer hirarchical design...this means 2
Core Routers (6509), 7 Distribution (6506) and at least 50 3550/3560

Right now the RPs are configured on the core routers

What ist the best pracitice where to place the BSR !
I would like to place this on the core routers ...!

Any coments...or help ?

thx

dennis

stephen

"dennis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I have do discuss the placement for the BSR in a LAN
> This deployment is a three layer hirarchical design...this means 2
> Core Routers (6509), 7 Distribution (6506) and at least 50 3550/3560
>
> Right now the RPs are configured on the core routers
>
> What ist the best pracitice where to place the BSR !
> I would like to place this on the core routers ...!
>
> Any coments...or help ?

put it in the middle, on the 2 core switches.

although it doesnt really matter for a campus as long as it is on boxes with
plenty of memory - but co-locate with the RP is sensible.

if you want some background then try

"developing IP multicast routers" Cisco Press. Main drawback is it doesnt
worry about non Cisco boxes.....

--
Regards

ip pim bsr-candidate zupa Cisco 1 06-25-2009 10:04 AM
VPN 3000 and PIX placement w/InternetRouter william Cisco 3 05-12-2005 05:40 PM
Default Cursor Placement Bob Firefox 2 02-25-2005 05:17 AM
firewall placement and choice of firewalls Joe Dewberry Cisco 0 12-09-2003 05:39 PM
Relative placement constraints in VHDL for Virtex multipliers Jack Stone VHDL 1 07-25-2003 08:12 PM

Advertisments