Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Setting properties of a page in the aspx file without using code blocks

Setting properties of a page in the aspx file without using code blocks

Achim Domma

Hi,

I have an aspx file which inherits from a class "MyPageClass" which
has a property "MyProperty". I want to set MyProperty in the aspx
file, but code blocks are not allowed in my environment (sharepoint).
I tried something like

<% @Page ... MyProperty="abc" %>

which does not work. If code blocks would be allowed the following
would work:

<% MyProperty = "abc"; %>

Is there an alternativ syntax to set the property? I don't see a
reason why this should not be possible, because it's quite normal to
set properties of controls in the aspx page. So why not for the page
too?

regards,
Achim