Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Reed Solomon decoder

Reed Solomon decoder

naliali

Hi there!
I suppose to implement a Reed Solomon decoder for Inmarsat video
receiver, but I know very little about its specification.
unfortunately I couldn't find any useful information on the net about
FEC used in Inmarsat.
I know the following information about this RS :
- it is over GF(32) by primitive polynomial p(x) = x^5+x^2+1 = 37
- Data length is 15 and parity length is 16, so having RS(31,15, 37)

but the major problem is that I don't know it's generator polynomial
g(x). using default Matlab RS encoder, I found that Matlab uses g(x)
=
(x+a^1)(x+a^2)...(x+a^16) as generator polynomial for rs(31,15). but
I'm not sure it's the same as g(x) which used in Inmarsat standard.

any comment and remark is appreciated

Army1987

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 02:39:11 -0700, naliali wrote:

> Hi there!
> I suppose to implement a Reed Solomon decoder for Inmarsat video
> receiver, but I know very little about its specification.
> unfortunately I couldn't find any useful information on the net about
> FEC used in Inmarsat.
> I know the following information about this RS :
> - it is over GF(32) by primitive polynomial p(x) = x^5+x^2+1 = 37
> - Data length is 15 and parity length is 16, so having RS(31,15, 37)
>
> but the major problem is that I don't know it's generator polynomial
> g(x). using default Matlab RS encoder, I found that Matlab uses g(x)
> =
> (x+a^1)(x+a^2)...(x+a^16) as generator polynomial for rs(31,15). but
> I'm not sure it's the same as g(x) which used in Inmarsat standard.

This is off topic in this newsgroup, which deals with the C
programming language. Ask these question somewhere else (maybe
sci.crypt?), and come back here once you know what to do, if you
have problems implementing it.
--
Army1987 (Replace "NOSPAM" with "email")
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Army1987 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>This is off topic in this newsgroup, which deals with the C

No ****? You actually had to post this drivel, didn't you?

CBFalconer

naliali wrote:

> I suppose to implement a Reed Solomon decoder for Inmarsat video
> receiver, but I know very little about its specification.
> unfortunately I couldn't find any useful information on the net
> about FEC used in Inmarsat.
>
> I know the following information about this RS :
> - it is over GF(32) by primitive polynomial p(x) = x^5+x^2+1 = 37
> - Data length is 15 and parity length is 16, so having RS(31,15, 37)
>
> but the major problem is that I don't know it's generator polynomial
> g(x). using default Matlab RS encoder, I found that Matlab uses g(x)
> = (x+a^1)(x+a^2)...(x+a^16) as generator polynomial for rs(31,15). but
> I'm not sure it's the same as g(x) which used in Inmarsat standard.

This has nothing to do with the C language, and is off-topic here
on c.l.c. Try comp.programming. F'ups set.

<http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

user923005

On Aug 7, 2:39 am, naliali <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi there!
> I suppose to implement a Reed Solomon decoder for Inmarsat video
> receiver, but I know very little about its specification.
> unfortunately I couldn't find any useful information on the net about
> FEC used in Inmarsat.
> I know the following information about this RS :
> - it is over GF(32) by primitive polynomial p(x) = x^5+x^2+1 = 37
> - Data length is 15 and parity length is 16, so having RS(31,15, 37)
>
> but the major problem is that I don't know it's generator polynomial
> g(x). using default Matlab RS encoder, I found that Matlab uses g(x)
> =
> (x+a^1)(x+a^2)...(x+a^16) as generator polynomial for rs(31,15). but
> I'm not sure it's the same as g(x) which used in Inmarsat standard.
>
> any comment and remark is appreciated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reed-So...ror_correction

Inmarsat Reed Solomon decoder naliali VHDL 1 08-13-2007 07:21 AM
Reed-Solomon EC High value Tom Pouce Cisco 0 07-25-2005 07:59 AM
Reed-Solomon correcting code - coder/decoder in vhdl Wilq VHDL 0 05-17-2004 08:39 AM
reed solomon sunil C Programming 1 07-12-2003 10:18 PM
reed solomon sunil VHDL 1 07-12-2003 10:18 PM

Advertisments