Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > cyrillic text saved as ?????????

cyrillic text saved as ?????????

=?Utf-8?B?bWFydGlu?=

I have asp.net site which needs to sae cyrillic text.

I have changed the sql server table column to accept the text and also
placed a N in fornt of the sql code to insert it. eg. Insert (text) ( N'
some cyrillic text')

all works ok from the dev machine and saves ok in database. But when I
deploy to the windows server 2003 sp2 it starts inserting ?????? I have
checked that the codepage windows 1251 and 1252 are installed on both
machines,

So any ideas how to fix this?

Alexey Smirnov

On Aug 7, 9:56 am, martin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have asp.net site which needs to sae cyrillic text.
>
> I have changed the sql server table column to accept the text and also
> placed a N in fornt of the sql code to insert it. eg. Insert (text) ( N'
> some cyrillic text')
>
> all works ok from the dev machine and saves ok in database. But when I
> deploy to the windows server 2003 sp2 it starts inserting ?????? I have
> checked that the codepage windows 1251 and 1252 are installed on both
> machines,
>
> So any ideas how to fix this?

Hi Martin

check <globalization> tag in web.config

Hope it helps

=?Utf-8?B?bWFydGlu?=

Hi Alexey

Yes I tried that I put windows-1251 but no joy , still saved as ???????

The wierd thing is when I run on my dev machine ( win xp) it all works ok,
but when deployed to server it stops. On the dev machine I have not put any
globalisation tags in the web config, but it still works !?

"Alexey Smirnov" wrote:

> On Aug 7, 9:56 am, martin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I have asp.net site which needs to sae cyrillic text.
> >
> > I have changed the sql server table column to accept the text and also
> > placed a N in fornt of the sql code to insert it. eg. Insert (text) ( N'
> > some cyrillic text')
> >
> > all works ok from the dev machine and saves ok in database. But when I
> > deploy to the windows server 2003 sp2 it starts inserting ?????? I have
> > checked that the codepage windows 1251 and 1252 are installed on both
> > machines,
> >
> > So any ideas how to fix this?

> Hi Martin
>
> check <globalization> tag in web.config
>
> Hope it helps

Michel Couche

Martin,

I got a similar problem that was solved by changing the field definition
from nvarchar to ntext.
I could afford the extra-cost of a "ntext" in my project but maybe this is
not an efficient solution in your situation.

Michel

"martin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have asp.net site which needs to sae cyrillic text.
>
> I have changed the sql server table column to accept the text and also
> placed a N in fornt of the sql code to insert it. eg. Insert (text) (
> N'
> some cyrillic text')
>
> all works ok from the dev machine and saves ok in database. But when I
> deploy to the windows server 2003 sp2 it starts inserting ?????? I have
> checked that the codepage windows 1251 and 1252 are installed on both
> machines,
>
> So any ideas how to fix this?

misko.ecim@gmail.com

Maybe you don't have the right font on production server?

Alexey Smirnov