Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 506E Drops Connection

506E Drops Connection

ohnnyj@gmail.com

Hello all:

We have had our PIX 506E for about 2-3 years now. Just this past few
weeks we have been having to restart it in order for it to allow
traffic to flow through. Anyone know what might be causing this?
Nothing has changed as far as its configuration goes.

We have had Cisco hardware in the past have faulty power adapters
which did the same thing. Could this be the issue?

Thanks.

just bob

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello all:
>
> We have had our PIX 506E for about 2-3 years now. Just this past few
> weeks we have been having to restart it in order for it to allow
> traffic to flow through. Anyone know what might be causing this?
> Nothing has changed as far as its configuration goes.
>
> We have had Cisco hardware in the past have faulty power adapters
> which did the same thing. Could this be the issue?

Not sure but it could be the power cable. I'm not found of it's connector
and it's given me trouble, too. Usually if you bump it the machine will
restart.

Dan

Could be a bug also, upgrade to 6.3.5 if you are not there yet.

> Hello all:
>
> We have had our PIX 506E for about 2-3 years now. Just this past few
> weeks we have been having to restart it in order for it to allow
> traffic to flow through. Anyone know what might be causing this?
> Nothing has changed as far as its configuration goes.
>
> We have had Cisco hardware in the past have faulty power adapters
> which did the same thing. Could this be the issue?
>
> Thanks.

CK

Hi,

It happened wih me as well with PIX 506 E. After a successful reboot
it stopped responding and traffic flow stopped.
Causes may be:
1. Memory full which make PIX to restart.
2. Hardware (NIC) faulty.
3. Miss configuration.
4. Power adapter faulty.

None of this helped me and when i open the PIX chasis and there is
one Lithium Battery which was faulty
and after replacing the battery it worked fiine
Dont know what happened after 2 months i replaced the new battery with
the same old one and its working from past 11months now