Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Any Good Book To Start ?

Any Good Book To Start ?

Katie Tam

Please let me know any good book to start ? Thank You

Katie Tam
CCNP, CCDP
LinkWaves Corporation
**Leading Provider of Cisco Equipment**
http://www.linkwaves.com

kyosohma@gmail.com

On Aug 6, 2:02 pm, Katie Tam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Please let me know any good book to start ? Thank You
>
> Katie Tam
> CCNP, CCDP
> LinkWaves Corporation
> **Leading Provider of Cisco Equipment**http://www.linkwaves.com

To start learning Python or what?

"Python Programming 3rd Ed." by Lutz is good for learning deeper
concepts in Python, but is probably better suited for experienced
programmers. I still recommend it though, as it has lots of case
studies and cool examples.

"Python for Dummies" gives a good overview of Python for a complete
n00b. There are many other beginner Python books, most of which are
pretty nice, but not equal in quality.

Mike

cjankowski@hbr-inc.com

On Aug 6, 3:15 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Aug 6, 2:02 pm, Katie Tam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Please let me know any good book to start ? Thank You

> > Katie Tam
> > CCNP, CCDP
> > LinkWaves Corporation
> > **Leading Provider of Cisco Equipment**http://www.linkwaves.com

> To start learning Python or what?
>
> "Python Programming 3rd Ed." by Lutz is good for learning deeper
> concepts in Python, but is probably better suited for experienced
> programmers. I still recommend it though, as it has lots of case
> studies and cool examples.
>
> "Python for Dummies" gives a good overview of Python for a complete
> n00b. There are many other beginner Python books, most of which are
> pretty nice, but not equal in quality.
>
> Mike

I like "Learning Python" by Lutz & Ascher (O'Reilly), very good for
beginners.

Chris

Simon Brunning

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBooks

--
Cheers,
Simon B.

jeffmess@gmail.com

On Aug 6, 10:00 pm, "Simon Brunning" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 8/6/07, Katie Tam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Please let me know any good book to start ? Thank You

> http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBooks
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Simon B.
> (E-Mail Removed)://www.brunningonline.net/simon/blog/
> GTalk: simon.brunning | MSN: small_values | Yahoo: smallvalues

Hi Katie

I would recommend the Python Phrasebook by Brad Dayley. Lots and lots
of examples and easy to use. Mark Lutz is a bit heavy for a beginner
but definitely a good investment for the future. The Python Docs are
also very good and check out diveintopython.org.

Regards

Jeffrey van Aswegen

any book to start database and visual application under linux in java germacran@gmail.com Java 2 08-31-2007 01:37 PM
Is this a good book to start off with to learn ASP? kickedmydog@gmail.com ASP General 3 07-13-2006 03:35 PM
What is a good start book me ASP .Net 3 03-09-2005 07:22 PM
A good book to start ... Saimon72 XML 0 11-13-2003 03:15 PM

Advertisments