Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > What are the best practice exams?

What are the best practice exams?

Rusty Hilim

Just curious what everyone's take is on the best practice exam (Transcender,
Testking, etc.)??

Looking at obtaining my MCSE, have test systems, attending the MOC courses,
just looking for good practice tests for all exams, beginning with 70-290.

Looking forward to your opinions/insight.

Thanks!

Rusty

MitchS

"Rusty Hilim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OWeKf%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just curious what everyone's take is on the best practice exam
> (Transcender, Testking, etc.)??

Regardless of the recent influx of TK propaganda, it still is not a valid
study method, it is cheating.

> Looking at obtaining my MCSE, have test systems, attending the MOC
> courses, just looking for good practice tests for all exams, beginning
> with 70-290.

But you are on the right track. Build test systems (tangible or virtual),
break them, fix them, get some good books to study (or take the courses if
that's what you need), and I have heard good things about Transcender for
practice tests (I haven't used any of them). Good luck.
--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone."

Kline Sphere

>> Just curious what everyone's take is on the best practice exam
>> (Transcender, Testking, etc.)??

>Regardless of the recent influx of TK propaganda, it still is not a valid
>study method, it is cheating.

what gets me is that ms don't stop 'em from peddling their crap.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

MitchS

"Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> what gets me is that ms don't stop 'em from peddling their crap.

Makes you wonder if they really care don't it. And I wish that if they were
going to threaten cert revocation and other retaliation for cheating, at
least put the effort into maintaining the image on their OWN servers. But
maybe MS doesn't have the resources to do this.

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone."

Rusty Hilim

That is the type of information I am looking for.

Being a "newbie" to the MCSE certification track, I am unaware of what is
deemed as "cheating" and what is considered a respectable form of practice
exam.

I definitely want to follow the latter, as I don't want to be considered as
someone out to just pass the test.

I appreciate your feedback, and look forward to the hearing everyone's
ideas/opinions.

Thanks again...

Rusty

"MitchS" <m remove this http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Rusty Hilim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OWeKf%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Just curious what everyone's take is on the best practice exam
>> (Transcender, Testking, etc.)??

> Regardless of the recent influx of TK propaganda, it still is not a valid
> study method, it is cheating.
>
>> Looking at obtaining my MCSE, have test systems, attending the MOC
>> courses, just looking for good practice tests for all exams, beginning
>> with 70-290.

> But you are on the right track. Build test systems (tangible or virtual),
> break them, fix them, get some good books to study (or take the courses if
> that's what you need), and I have heard good things about Transcender for
> practice tests (I haven't used any of them). Good luck.
> --
> Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
> MCNGP XLVIII (Now do the other certs REALLY matter?)
> "Place your bet - Ah say - place your bets, gentlemen.
> Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone."

T-Bone

"Kline Sphere" <.@> wrote
> what gets me is that ms don't stop 'em from peddling their crap.

I'm sure they'd love to, but like spam and piracy, the operations are
outside of the US. That makes it difficult because some businesses would
rather take money from criminals than respect intellectual property laws.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Kline Sphere

>That makes it difficult because some businesses would
>rather take money from criminals than respect intellectual property laws.

economics 101 in china.....

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>That is the type of information I am looking for.
>
>Being a "newbie" to the MCSE certification track, I am unaware of what is
>deemed as "cheating" and what is considered a respectable form of practice
>exam.
>
>I definitely want to follow the latter, as I don't want to be considered as
>someone out to just pass the test.
>
>I appreciate your feedback, and look forward to the hearing everyone's
>ideas/opinions.
>
>Thanks again...
>
>Rusty

Basically everything you need to pass these type of exams can be
ethically and legally obtained for free.

Get the exam prep guid(s) and base your research on the topics, much
of which can be obtained from technet, msdn and the product
documentation.

However, if you have money, there plenty of books out there. Make sure
you read the reviews on barns nobel, amazon etc as there are plenty of
rubbish being printed today. Personal I'd avoid any books with
mcse/mcsd etc in the title; maybe things have changed in the five or
so years since I last bought a 'mcse/mcsd/mcdba' type of book, the
books I saw back then were, well, crap.

I assume you work in field, but even so, it sure would help to have a
home/office practice lab to play with.

good luck

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Grog in Ohio

"MitchS" <m remove this (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Makes you wonder if they really care don't it. And I wish that if they
> were going to threaten cert revocation and other retaliation for cheating,
> at least put the effort into maintaining the image on their OWN servers.
> But maybe MS doesn't have the resources to do this.

This has been my contention for years. Why should Microsoft care? Brain
dumps and users don't cost MS any money, and in fact, the more MCSE's and
other certs there are, the better for MS.

Why should they make any effort to stop it, especially if it costs them
money to do so?

Grog

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Grog in Ohio spewed across the
ether:

> This has been my contention for years. Why should Microsoft care?
> Brain dumps and users don't cost MS any money, and in fact, the more
> MCSE's and other certs there are, the better for MS.
>
> Why should they make any effort to stop it, especially if it costs
> them money to do so?

The cert process is a fscking money farm. MS could give a crap less how you
get there, as long as you put your money down.

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110