Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Large IIS vs ASP.NET page render time diff?

Large IIS vs ASP.NET page render time diff?

Derrick

I have an asp.net web app, hitting a report type page that brings back a
large response size, about 2 megs.

The inclusive round trip times are below, any ideas why asp.net finishes in
3 secs while it takes around 18 for IIS?

The machine setup is win2k sp4

browser, via fiddler, ~20 seconds
inetinfo, via iis log "time taken" field - 18 seconds
aspnet_wp, via timer started in the master page constructor and stopped in
master page unload - 3.5 seconds
db work, cumulative via profiler, 2.5 seconds.

The diff appears to be related to the data being sent back, about 2 megs.
The machine has gige cards, is on a gige switch, and the cards are set to
1000 full duplex.

Watching the server in process explorer, I see aspnet spike, for a few
seconds, then the io spike on inetinfo for 10 or so seconds, which suggests
data, but even if the network card was somehow operating in 100mbps mode,
that should still be well under a second for inetinfo to write 2 meg to the
response stream?

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Derrick

Derrick

ok, this is unexpected but interesting, put a cert on the site, go thru
https, round trip time from the browser is cut down to about 7 seconds..

I am guessing this is firewall related? bandwith throttling on port 80?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...