Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Trouble with mailing lists

Trouble with mailing lists

Gualtier Malde

Hi-

I'm using Tbird 2.0.0.6 in Windows 2000.

I send out nearly 200 emails of a newsletter for a boating organization. I make
lists of 20 names each from the main address book and send to each one. All
works well, except:

I fill the lists by highlighting a group of 20 names and moving them with a
left-click drag into the appropriate list. Occasionally one or two of the names
will be missing when I look at the list, but there will be one or two other
names from further down the list. This puzzled me until I realized that the
intruder names had the same address as the ones I wanted in the list. This
happens when two members of the same family either aren't married or married and
keep their own names, but use the same email address. Apparently Thunderbird
goes down the full address list and picks the last entry with that email address.

If I delete the intruder from the list it will go, but then I still can't put in
the intended person. My "fix" is to send a separate email to the two or three
victims whose names can't be put on the lists. That works.

So I have a pretty easy fix, but just for curiosity - anyone got any ideas on
this subject?

Chuck

List of lists of lists of lists... =?UTF-8?B?w4FuZ2VsIEd1dGnDqXJyZXogUm9kcsOtZ3Vleg==?= Python 5 05-15-2006 11:47 AM
Cisco Mailing Lists JNixon Cisco 0 03-25-2005 07:31 AM
[Q]Recommended mailing lists papi Cisco 1 02-21-2005 06:06 AM
Mailing-Lists or forums especially for "Sun Java System Application Server" ? Ulf Meinhardt Java 0 11-14-2004 10:41 AM
Web services faults and WS-specific newsgroups or mailing lists? Ian Graham XML 0 08-14-2003 01:26 AM

Advertisments