Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Different Saturation

Reply
Thread Tools

Different Saturation

 
 
Matalog
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-05-2007
When I look at images in photoshop they look great. When I look at them in
windows preview or if I upload some photos to the net they always look to
have a lot less saturation.

I would like consistent looking photos no matter where i look at thm. Any
ideas that may help me?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-05-2007
Are you using Adobe RGB colour space?



"Matalog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsCpti.12365$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I look at images in photoshop they look great. When I look at them
> in windows preview or if I upload some photos to the net they always look
> to have a lot less saturation.
>
> I would like consistent looking photos no matter where i look at thm. Any
> ideas that may help me?
>
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Matalog
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-05-2007
"Gino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you using Adobe RGB colour space?


In photoshop I am, yes.



>
>
>
> "Matalog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsCpti.12365$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> When I look at images in photoshop they look great. When I look at them
>> in windows preview or if I upload some photos to the net they always look
>> to have a lot less saturation.
>>
>> I would like consistent looking photos no matter where i look at thm.
>> Any ideas that may help me?
>>
>>
>>

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Gino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-05-2007
It sounds like Windows Preview and the browser don't support the Adobe RGB
colour space.

I know I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but use sRGB instead.
I have never liked Adobe RGB to be honest. Maybe if you are supplying
photos to a printing company, Adobe RGB has it's advantages. For a home
user, stick to sRGB colour space.



"Matalog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2gqti.10525$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> When I look at images in photoshop they look great. When I look at them
>>> in windows preview or if I upload some photos to the net they always
>>> look to have a lot less saturation.


>>> I would like consistent looking photos no matter where i look at thm.
>>> Any ideas that may help me?


>> Are you using Adobe RGB colour space?


> In photoshop I am, yes.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Roy G
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-05-2007

"Gino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It sounds like Windows Preview and the browser don't support the Adobe RGB
> colour space.
>
> I know I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but use sRGB
> instead. I have never liked Adobe RGB to be honest. Maybe if you are
> supplying photos to a printing company, Adobe RGB has it's advantages.
> For a home user, stick to sRGB colour space.
>


Hi.

It is not a "sounds like", it is a fact.

IE and the Windows image viewers are not Colour Management aware, so in
order to get accurate colour the files need to be sRGB.

However Adobe RGB is better for home Inkject Printing than sRGB is. Most
photo labs want the files as sRGB, except for the Pro Labs.

There is no reason why anyone should not be able to convert the copy of the
image they intend for Web use, to sRGB just before posting it, and keep all
their Print use images as A RGB.

Roy G


 
Reply With Quote
 
Matalog
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-06-2007

"Roy G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OLrti.14809$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Gino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It sounds like Windows Preview and the browser don't support the Adobe
>> RGB colour space.
>>
>> I know I am going to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but use sRGB
>> instead. I have never liked Adobe RGB to be honest. Maybe if you are
>> supplying photos to a printing company, Adobe RGB has it's advantages.
>> For a home user, stick to sRGB colour space.
>>

>
> Hi.
>
> It is not a "sounds like", it is a fact.
>
> IE and the Windows image viewers are not Colour Management aware, so in
> order to get accurate colour the files need to be sRGB.
>
> However Adobe RGB is better for home Inkject Printing than sRGB is. Most
> photo labs want the files as sRGB, except for the Pro Labs.
>
> There is no reason why anyone should not be able to convert the copy of
> the image they intend for Web use, to sRGB just before posting it, and
> keep all their Print use images as A RGB.
>
> Roy G
>


Thanks for the help!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Saturation compensating camera manufacturer Malcolm L. Franklin Digital Photography 4 07-22-2004 10:40 PM
DVD Movies Saturation High, Colours weird, other movies fine Steve Computer Information 0 04-25-2004 06:36 AM
Saturation Party on Thursday! Tom Miller Computer Support 3 12-11-2003 03:36 AM
Default Contrast, Sharpness, Saturation Settings? DirtRoadie Digital Photography 5 10-25-2003 05:37 PM
Digicams saturation - greyish colors (s45 /s50 /v1 /HP935 /G5) Morgan Ohlson Digital Photography 4 10-17-2003 07:18 AM



Advertisments