Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Copying and Burning movie DVD's

Copying and Burning movie DVD's

BertP

I am using Nero Start Smart Essentials, the software offered with my
Nexxtech DVD Burner.

I also use DVD shrink32, if required, DVDFab HD Decrypter, if required and I
use the Nero software to copy and burn movie DVD's. I have been successful.
Don't laugh!!

I have used DVD-R and DVD RW discs to copy. The burner specs indicated that
8X, 16X and 32X speeds are possible. Is it normal to take 2 hours plus
each to copy and burn a 4.9GBb DVD movie? Can the speed of copying to the
computer and burning to the disc be increased? Do I have a choice? I did
notice that the quality has a couple of settings, DVD-9 is one of them. The
files produced in the computer are in a Video_TS folder and have the
extensions .bup, .ifo, and .vob's. The Audio_TS folder is always empty.

Thanks for any ideas to speed things up.

sandy58

On Aug 5, 12:49 am, "BertP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am using Nero Start Smart Essentials, the software offered with my
> Nexxtech DVD Burner.
>
> I also use DVD shrink32, if required, DVDFab HD Decrypter, if required and I
> use the Nero software to copy and burn movie DVD's. I have been successful.
> Don't laugh!!
>
> I have used DVD-R and DVD RW discs to copy. The burner specs indicated that
> 8X, 16X and 32X speeds are possible. Is it normal to take 2 hours plus
> each to copy and burn a 4.9GBb DVD movie? Can the speed of copying to the
> computer and burning to the disc be increased? Do I have a choice? I did
> notice that the quality has a couple of settings, DVD-9 is one of them. The
> files produced in the computer are in a Video_TS folder and have the
> extensions .bup, .ifo, and .vob's. The Audio_TS folder is always empty.
>
> Thanks for any ideas to speed things up.

>Is it normal to take 2 hours plus
> each to copy and burn a 4.9GBb DVD movie?

No. Unless that includes conversion. 12-17 mins about average.

def456

"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> On Aug 5, 12:49 am, "BertP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I am using Nero Start Smart Essentials, the software offered with my
>> Nexxtech DVD Burner.
>>
>> I also use DVD shrink32, if required, DVDFab HD Decrypter, if required
>> and I
>> use the Nero software to copy and burn movie DVD's. I have been
>> successful.
>> Don't laugh!!
>>
>> I have used DVD-R and DVD RW discs to copy. The burner specs indicated
>> that
>> 8X, 16X and 32X speeds are possible. Is it normal to take 2 hours plus
>> each to copy and burn a 4.9GBb DVD movie? Can the speed of copying to
>> the
>> computer and burning to the disc be increased? Do I have a choice? I
>> did
>> notice that the quality has a couple of settings, DVD-9 is one of them.
>> The
>> files produced in the computer are in a Video_TS folder and have the
>> extensions .bup, .ifo, and .vob's. The Audio_TS folder is always empty.
>>
>> Thanks for any ideas to speed things up.

>>Is it normal to take 2 hours plus
>> each to copy and burn a 4.9GBb DVD movie?

> No. Unless that includes conversion. 12-17 mins about average.

OP didn't mention any model numbers or the op system. Assuming a typical
setup with Windows XP op system... Look under Device Manager, IDE
controllers. Rightclick the Secondary IDE Channel, select Properties,
Advanced Settings tab where the Transfer Mode should be set to "DMA if
available". Also check for updated firmware for the DVD drive. Also try a
different brand and kind of DVD discs. They should be rated at least 16x.
Also try -R discs if you're using +R (or vice versa). Also try different
burning software such as ImgBurn rather than Nero.

Bill's News

"BertP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>I am using Nero Start Smart Essentials, the software offered
>with my Nexxtech DVD Burner.
>
> I also use DVD shrink32, if required, DVDFab HD Decrypter

You have a copy of DVDFab "HD" Decrypter? I knew that the
Chinese government and some their citizens pretty much disregard
international copyrights, but damn, that would be a major blow
to the billions spent by Hollywood on their new anti-piracy
schemes.