Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Very annoying error: Access to the path is denied. ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity

Very annoying error: Access to the path is denied. ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity

Jay

My IDE works fine but when I make a plain old HTML change; a change
that should NOT require recompiling, and hit the save icon, I get the
following error:

{

Access to the path is denied.

granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request
identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}
\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the
application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating
via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous
user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

}

If I recompile the ASP.NET application and then go back to the browser
and hit refresh, everything is fine again. I should not have to do
this and it is very annoying when you're trying to do some JavaScript
or get some HTML just right and have to keep recompiling.

For ha has, I added 'machine\ASPNET' with full blown permissions at
the C: level and this did not fix the problem.

Can anyone please help? Thank you very much.

P.S. Team member programmers work on the same code/project and they
don't have this problem.

Jay

Jay

One bump...

Can anyone help? This sucks

Jay

I figured it out...

Sometimes when you bulk copy your project files and paste them
elsewhere, they magically lose ALL their important permissions
including ASPNET. This happened and I got the above error. I readded
them and it's fixed now.

Thank you me. You're welcome me...