Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Linking all the entries in a list

Reply
Thread Tools

Linking all the entries in a list

 
 
Vivek
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2007
Hi,

Is it possible to link all the entries in a list to different html
pages.
For example,

Food
Fruit
Apple
Grapes
Banana
Vegetable

In the above list, I can link "Apple " to a html file by using "A
ref". But, if I do the same for "Fruit", the link disappears.
Is something like this is possible or not?

Thnaks,
Vivek

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ed Mullen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2007
Vivek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to link all the entries in a list to different html
> pages.
> For example,
>
> Food
> Fruit
> Apple
> Grapes
> Banana
> Vegetable
>
> In the above list, I can link "Apple " to a html file by using "A
> ref". But, if I do the same for "Fruit", the link disappears.
> Is something like this is possible or not?
>
> Thnaks,
> Vivek
>


It is certainly possible and very straightforward. Post a link to the
page so we can see the code.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
http://mozilla.edmullen.net
http://abington.edmullen.net
If man evolved from apes why do we still have apes?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Vivek
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2007
On Aug 3, 11:42 am, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Vivek wrote:
> > Hi,

>
> > Is it possible to link all the entries in a list to different html
> > pages.
> > For example,

>
> > Food
> > Fruit
> > Apple
> > Grapes
> > Banana
> > Vegetable

>
> > In the above list, I can link "Apple " to a html file by using "A
> > ref". But, if I do the same for "Fruit", the link disappears.
> > Is something like this is possible or not?

>
> > Thnaks,
> > Vivek

>
> It is certainly possible and very straightforward. Post a link to the
> page so we can see the code.
>
> --
> Ed Mullenhttp://edmullen.nethttp://mozilla.edmullen.nethttp://abington.edmullen.net
> If man evolved from apes why do we still have apes?


I have copied the code below.
I want to link the "Memory" to a html page and also it should continue
to be a list. The moment I enter " <A href = "index.html"> Memory </
a>" the Memory text disappears.

CODE --

<body>

<ul id="2" class="none">
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;
<li><font face="Arial" color="#0074C1">
<span style="font-size: 11pt; font-weight: 700"><a
href="product_new.html">Products</a></span></font></li>
<li>
<span style="font-size: 8pt; font-weight: 700">&nbsp;&nbsp;Memory</
a></span>
<ul id="2" class="none">
<li><font face="Arial" color="#0074C1">
<span style="font-size: 8pt; font-weight: 700">&nbsp;&nbsp;TSMC</
span></font>
<ul class="none">
<li><font face="Arial" color="#0074C1">
<span style="font-size: 8pt; font-weight: 700">&nbsp;&nbsp;
45</a></span></font>
<ul class="none">
<li><font face="Arial" color="#0074C1">
<span style="font-size: 8pt; font-weight:
700">&nbsp;&nbsp;GS</a></span></font>
<ul class="none">
<li><font face="Arial" color="#0074C1">
<span style="font-size: 8pt; font-weight:
700">&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="TSMC_Memory_45nm_SRAM.html">SRAM </a></
span></font>
</li>
<li><font face="Arial" color="#0074C1">
<span style="font-size: 8pt; font-weight:
700">&nbsp;<a href="TSMC_Memory_45nm_ULL.html">&nbsp;Ultra Low
Leakage</a></span></font>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</body>

 
Reply With Quote
 
John Hosking
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-03-2007
Vivek wrote:
> On Aug 3, 11:42 am, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Vivek wrote:
>>> Is it possible to link all the entries in a list to different html
>>> pages.
>>> For example,
>>> Food
>>> Fruit
>>> Apple
>>> Grapes
>>> Banana
>>> Vegetable


>> It is certainly possible and very straightforward. Post a link to the
>> page so we can see the code.


[Ed Mullen's sig snipped for Vivek]
>
> I have copied the code below.


Ed asked for a link to your page, that is, a URL. Nobody wants to see
pasted in code.

> I want to link the "Memory" to a html page and also it should continue
> to be a list. The moment I enter " <A href = "index.html"> Memory </
> a>" the Memory text disappears.
>
> CODE --
>

[mostly snipped, but...]

> <body>
>
> <ul id="2" class="none">
> &nbsp;<br>
> &nbsp;
> <li><font face="Arial" color="#0074C1">
> <span style="font-size: 11pt; font-weight: 700"><a
> href="product_new.html">Products</a></span></font></li>
> <li>
> <span style="font-size: 8pt; font-weight: 700">&nbsp;&nbsp;Memory</
> a></span>


Even ignoring all the styling spans and &nbsp;-spacing, your code is
faulty. You have link-closing tags without matching link-opening tags.

Based on your original example, I have worked up some code for you.
Replace the foods with memory cards and (after validating) try that.

<ul>
<li><a href="">Food</a></li>
<li>
<ul>
<li><a href="">Fruit</a></li>
<li>
<ul>
<li><a href="">Apple</a></li>
<li><a href="">Grapes</a></li>
<li><a href="">Banana</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

GL.

--
John
Pondering the value of the UIP: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there any advantage or disadvantage to using sets over list compsto ensure a list of unique entries? deathweaselx86 Python 5 06-25-2011 08:05 AM
Picking X random entries from linked list of Y entries Don Bruder C Programming 3 08-03-2010 09:10 AM
Delete all list entries of length unknown flebber Python 5 10-12-2009 03:52 AM
Tying up Port Login table entries with Port Table Entries in CISCO SNMP John Ramsden Cisco 0 07-24-2004 04:03 PM
Exporting all the Eudora Address Book Entries fkissam Computer Support 1 07-08-2004 03:33 AM



Advertisments