Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unprotect Directory....XP

Unprotect Directory....XP

jhewitt@arrakis.es

Having a bad Win. week, stumbling around here again.....

Using either W. Explorer or Power desk, I want to reset a directory
attribute from Read only to read / write.
I open the directory properties, click on the 'box' to clear "read
only" and click, click, etc as reqd.
When I go back to that directory's properties it's STILL set to read
only.
How the hxxxx do I change the property???

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

meerkat

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Having a bad Win. week, stumbling around here again.....
>
> Using either W. Explorer or Power desk, I want to reset a directory
> attribute from Read only to read / write.
> I open the directory properties, click on the 'box' to clear "read
> only" and click, click, etc as reqd.
> When I go back to that directory's properties it's STILL set to read
> only.
> How the hxxxx do I change the property???

Hi John, that`s just the way it is.
Another `don`t worry about it`.

bw..

Gordon

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Having a bad Win. week, stumbling around here again.....
>
> Using either W. Explorer or Power desk, I want to reset a directory
> attribute from Read only to read / write.
> I open the directory properties, click on the 'box' to clear "read
> only" and click, click, etc as reqd.
> When I go back to that directory's properties it's STILL set to read
> only.
> How the hxxxx do I change the property???
>
> John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

Have a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326549