Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > string to stream

string to stream

cersei cersei is offline
Junior Member

Hi! Is there a way to convert a string to stream?

The reason I'm asking this is I'm working with a variable FILE *yyin. I have the line
yyin = fopen("program.txt","r");

But I'd like to pass a string instead of opening a file. I saw something like

yyin = new istringstream(stringinput);

but I can't make that work.

edit: i realized there is no way to make this work. it seems the yyin I saw is an istream afterall.

Last edited by cersei; 08-03-2007 at 03:43 PM..