Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT: Non-lethal violence in self defense

OT: Non-lethal violence in self defense

Microcephalic S. Bob

For a variety of reasons, I've been given to research laws with regarding
violence today.

First and foremost, we had the discussion here, with regards to killing a
perpetrator.

I'd concluded that non-lethal methods, like a 'stun gun', might be better
than shooting someone. I was wrong, we're fscked.

244.5. (a) As used in this section, "stun gun" means any item,
except a taser, used or intended to be used as either an offensive or
defensive weapon that is capable of temporarily immobilizing a
person by the infliction of an electrical charge.
(b) Every person who commits an assault upon the person of another
with a stun gun or taser shall be punished by imprisonment in a
county jail for a term not exceeding one year, or by imprisonment in
the state prison for 16 months, two, or three years.

I thought that was interesting.

I also had to look into assault & battery, largely to teach someone here at
the house that attempting to solve problems through threats and violence.
This one should be interesting to those who want to get into a fight to
defend their wallet.

---
CALIFORNIA PENAL CODE
SECTION 240-248

Assault

240. An assault is an unlawful attempt, coupled with a present
ability, to commit a violent injury on the person of another.

241. (a) An assault is punishable by a fine not exceeding one
thousand dollars ($1,000), or by imprisonment in the county jail not
exceeding six months, or by both the fine and imprisonment.

Battery

242. A battery is any willful and unlawful use of force or violence
upon the person of another.

243. (a) A battery is punishable by a fine not exceeding two
thousand dollars ($2,000), or by imprisonment in a county jail not
exceeding six months, or by both that fine and imprisonment.

(B) That the defendant reimburse the victim for reasonable costs
of counseling and other reasonable expenses that the court finds are
the direct result of the defendant's offense.

(d) When a battery is committed against any person and serious
bodily injury is inflicted on the person, the battery is punishable
by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or
imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or four years.

---

So, if JaR were to get into two-fisted, er... fisticuffs(!) over his
fictional $25,000 harley*, he could face up to $3000 (cha-ching) in fines
right off the bat, and 6 months to four years of prison, depending on how
good of a fighter he is(!), and during the prison time, would not pass 'Go',
and would lose salary and wife priveledges. Assuming JaR makes minimum wage
[$10/hr (cha-ching)]* at 40 hours a week, that's $400 weekly (cha-ching), 6
months is 26 weeks, 26 * $400 (cha-ching) = $10400 (cha-ching).

So, with the minimum sentence for kicking the guy's butt who tried to steal
his harley, he's halfway paid for the harley. If he did a year in the joint
for pulsing the perps testicles with an electron beam, he could have bought
another Harley. Now, keep in mind, that's only the criminal part of all of
this. There's also the civil part, wherein the crook that JaR beat up gets
to sue him for legal bills, pain, suffering, loss of 'work', hemmorhoid
cream, pistachio nuts, and his newfound insecurity complex.

Cha-ching! Grand total for JaR: $100,000 plus prison time. (cha-ching)
(cha-ching) (cha-ching) (cha-ching) (cha-ching) (cha-ching) (cha-ching)
(cha-ching) (cha-ching) (cha-ching) (cha-ching) (cha-ching) (cha-ching)
(overkill) (overkill) (overkill) (overkill) (overkill) (overkill) (overkill)
(overkill) (overkill) (overkill) (overkill) (overkill) (overkill)
(excessive) (excessive) (excessive) (excessive) (excessive) (excessive)
(enough already) (enough already) (enough already) (cha-ching)

Now, since I've heard tell that JaR is a big guy, like of the Hoss Cartright
persuasion, only with a blue mohawk and a ghandi tattoo, and since rodeo
clowns are cooler than ninjas, he probably knows egyption kung fu. So our
astounding grand total is (suspense) (suspense) ONE MEELEEON DOLLERS!

Conclusion: Compare the total value of all of your property to ONE MEELEEON
DOLLERS and subtract it. That's how much you'll owe a criminal if you kick
their butt.

Moral: If you can, get away safely, let them get away, contact the
AUTHORITIES, let the criminal get caught, and sue the hell out of THEM.
Violence will only work against you.

* = [not sure what the real one cost and it's not important for this
example]

Microcephalic S. Bob
http://www.roblindman.com - ONE MEELEEON DOLLERS!

Beoweolf

What about Cosmic balance? The inconvenience of incarceration, the inequity
of fines and legal retribution; all these things pale in comparison to our
duty to enforce the rules of karma, whenever possible. As stated in most
western thought, "My god is a vengeful god". Sex and violence, the two most
remarkable traits of humanity are also the most regulated.

No man should leave a woman's bed with her unsatisfied. Nor in this case,
when presented with a plaintive cry for correction, no man should refuse a
miscreant the butt-whooping they demand and deserve. To do any less is to
deny them the chance to achieve nirvana. Life's lessons are presented at
sometimes peculiar stages in ones life, if the lesson isn't learned when
presented, it may take another or several lifetimes before the opportunity
presents itself again. Is it fair to think only of yourself? To refuse to
participate, is selfish. Even The Buddha, remained on earth, to pass on his
knowledge...even after he had attained enlightenment. He understood his duty
was to share his knowledge, even at the cost of delaying his ascension.

'tongue planted firmly in cheek. And Oh how Cheeky.

"Microcephalic S. Bob" <http://www.planetoftheheads.com/> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> [...]
> (excessive) (enough already) (enough already) (enough already) (cha-ching)
>
> Now, since I've heard tell that JaR is a big guy, like of the Hoss
> Cartright persuasion, only with a blue mohawk and a ghandi tattoo, and
> since rodeo clowns are cooler than ninjas, he probably knows egyption kung
> fu. So our astounding grand total is (suspense) (suspense) ONE MEELEEON
> DOLLERS!
>
> Conclusion: Compare the total value of all of your property to ONE
> MEELEEON DOLLERS and subtract it. That's how much you'll owe a criminal if
> you kick their butt.
>
> Moral: If you can, get away safely, let them get away, contact the
> AUTHORITIES, let the criminal get caught, and sue the hell out of THEM.
> Violence will only work against you.
>
> * = [not sure what the real one cost and it's not important for this

"Beoweolf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:6vt6f.5505$q%(E-Mail Removed) ...
> What about Cosmic balance? The inconvenience of incarceration, the
> inequity of fines and legal retribution; all these things pale in
> comparison to our duty to enforce the rules of karma, whenever possible.

Karma is The Law. The Law will enforce itself.

> As stated in most western thought, "My god is a vengeful god".

My God is The Law. The Law requires completion of form I93-DCBA in
triplicate prior to the pursuit of vengeance.

> Sex and violence, the two most remarkable traits of humanity are also the
> most regulated.

I'd say regulations are the most regulated.

> No man should leave a woman's bed with her unsatisfied.

No woman is ever satisfied. No man should enter a woman's bed, but should
encourage women to enter his.

> Nor in this case, when presented with a plaintive cry for correction, no
> man should refuse a miscreant the butt-whooping they demand and deserve.

Leave correction to the department of correction.

> To do any less is to deny them the chance to achieve nirvana.

The only way to Nirvana is to want nothing. In order to get to Nirvana, you
must follow the Way. If you follow the Way, you must want to get to Nirvana.

> Life's lessons are presented at sometimes peculiar stages in ones life, if
> the lesson isn't learned when presented, it may take another or several
> lifetimes before the opportunity presents itself again.

There is only one Lifetime. It's on channel 138. Considering the nature of
the programming, I hope never to see several.

> Is it fair to think only of yourself?

Thinking of other people in the pursuit of selflessness is selfish.

> To refuse to participate, is selfish.

To participate in selfishness is ref-fuse.

> Even The Buddha, remained on earth, to pass on his knowledge...even after
> he had attained enlightenment. He understood his duty was to share his
> knowledge, even at the cost of delaying his ascension.

(cha-ching). My I-Ching is itching.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm1pZ25hbnQ=?=

Whoever has the most weapons,biggest army, best tactics and technology (plus
a variety of other factors relating to a group or individual forcing their
will upon another group or individual through physical violence or the threat
there of) influences who makes the laws. I fully intend to use any and all
means necessary to defend myself in a situation where my life or property is
threatened. As its our constitutional right to do so.
Amendment IV
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated,
and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or
affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the
persons or things to be seized"

What these laws are trying to do is to force people to be absolutely
dependent upon the government in every aspect of their lives, through laws
that violate the constitution being subtly introduced into citizens lives
without their approval. The more dependent one becomes, the less independent
he is. They think they are sneaky, but in actuallity they are plain and
obvious and a decent lawyer should be able to shred them in court.
Considering the amount that Bob came up with here, I'd recomend dishing out
the money to get a competitent one, even though I believe with access to the
laws and right information people are able to accurately represent themselves
in court of law, but you'd probably just be treated like dirt(thats a whole
other issue). Who are you going to call for help when 911 is the very number
of the people you need help from ? We as still partway free citizens need to
make sure that we don't lose this right to defend ourselves, cause once our
guns and our ability to self defend is gone then we are just easy pickings to
be rolled over by whoever has the bulldozer. The balls in our court, they got
some guns, they got an army, and now they are presenting us with the
question.
"What ya going to do about it sucka ?"

=?Utf-8?B?S2V5Ym9hcmQgQ293Ym95?=

"Microcephalic S. Bob" wrote:

> and since rodeo
> clowns are cooler than ninjas,

Ok... you have redeemed yourself.

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Microcephalic S. Bob spewed across
the ether:

> For a variety of reasons, I've been given to research laws with
> regarding violence today.

Primary among them; sheer boredom.

> First and foremost, we had the discussion here, with regards to
> killing a perpetrator.
>
> I'd concluded that non-lethal methods, like a 'stun gun', might be
> better than shooting someone. I was wrong, we're fscked.

Indeed we are, as:

a] The perp may be sufficiently wired on pharmaceuticals to preclude any
effective disablement by the "Stun Gun"
2] The perp will likely survive the incident and sue your ass off.

> 244.5. (a) As used in this section, "stun gun" means any item,
> except a taser, used or intended to be used as either an offensive or
> defensive weapon that is capable of temporarily immobilizing a
> person by the infliction of an electrical charge.
> (b) Every person who commits an assault upon the person of another
> with a stun gun or taser shall be punished by imprisonment in a
> county jail for a term not exceeding one year, or by imprisonment in
> the state prison for 16 months, two, or three years.
>
> I thought that was interesting.

Interesting because it's not true? Interesting, because "every person"
would include cops, bounty hunters, military, your grandmother, etc?

> I also had to look into assault & battery, largely to teach someone
> here at

<Yeah, yeah, yeah>

> ---
>
> So, if JaR were to get into two-fis

<Jeez, but you do ramble on>

excessive) (enough already)
> (enough already) (enough already) (cha-ching)
>
> Now, since I've heard tell that JaR is a big guy, like of the Hoss
> Cartright persuasion, only with a blue mohawk and a ghandi tattoo, and
> since rodeo clowns are cooler than ninjas, he probably knows egyption
> kung fu. So our astounding grand total is (suspense) (suspense) ONE
> MEELEEON DOLLERS!

Good grief, by your calculations, I'm already $10^16 (give or take a
billion or so) in the hole, and serving several hundred years in the
slammer. If we don't count the time in Sunny Southeast Asia.

> Conclusion: Compare the total value of all of your property to ONE
> MEELEEON DOLLERS and subtract it. That's how much you'll owe a
> criminal if you kick their butt.

No can do, Bob. By your calcs, I don't have any property, and likely
never will.

> Moral: If you can, get away safely, let them get away, contact the
> AUTHORITIES, let the criminal get caught, and sue the hell out of
> THEM. Violence will only work against you.

Moral: Just lie down and give em what they want, and hope that they read
all the crap above and are unwilling to go in the hole ONE MEELEEON
DOLLARS for blowing your silly ass away.

Foo.

--
JaR
Thug 10110

Neil

did you hear "Microcephalic S. Bob" <http://www.planetoftheheads.com/>
say in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> and since rodeo
> clowns are cooler than ninjas,

are not.....

maybe...

fine, but ninjas are cooler than pirates..

except for the booty...

and the ale....

BUT WE HAVE STEALTH!!!!

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Include this in your CONFIG.SYS file: BUGS=OFF

Microcephalic S. Bob

> Moral: Just lie down and give em what they want, and hope that they read
> all the crap above and are unwilling to go in the hole ONE MEELEEON
> DOLLARS for blowing your silly ass away.

Ok. I'm going on a killing spree.

kpg

Microcephalic S. Bob <http://www.planetoftheheads.com/> said something like

> # Name-Host Conflict: file://c:\temp\175820.htm (10/24/2005 4:26:22 PM) #
>
> "JaR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>> Moral: Just lie down and give em what they want, and hope that they read
>> all the crap above and are unwilling to go in the hole ONE MEELEEON
>> DOLLARS for blowing your silly ass away.

> Ok. I'm going on a killing spree.

Well its about damn time!

Need any extra clips? I got spares.

JaR

In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Microcephalic S. Bob spewed across the
ether:

> Ok. I'm going on a killing spree.

Attaboy!

--