Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Lose encrypted connection after re-boot

Lose encrypted connection after re-boot

Joe K

Have been running desktop with Me and a laptop with XP using Microsoft
wireless adaptors. Have no problem without encryption.

Ideally would/should use encryption... So, I set up both machines with
same
key and worked fine.

After re-booting the laptop, I could not connect to the "secure"
network. I re-entered the key on the laptop, and was then able to
connect
again.

Why doesn't the key "stick"?

I noted that the XP and Me wireless configuration windows are
different.
Also, although I input a 10-character hexidecimal key, when I go back
to look at the key input boxes, there are only 8 mask characters.
(Puzzled!?!?)

Although I consider myself a VERY advanced user, I am stumped!!!
Getting ready to call Best Buy Geek Squad!!!

Any ideas???

Joe K