Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > outlook mail question

outlook mail question

susan

I have two accounts set up with outlook. When I open the mail it of course
opens with the default. My question is can I make an icon for the other
account so that I can open it instead of the default and if so how do I do
it? I have an icon for the default mail but can find no way to make one for
the other account.
thanks

Gordon

"susan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:IkDsi.33614$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have two accounts set up with outlook. When I open the mail it of course
>opens with the default. My question is can I make an icon for the other
>account so that I can open it instead of the default and if so how do I do
>it? I have an icon for the default mail but can find no way to make one for
>the other account.
> thanks

I don't quite understand the question. When you add an email account to
Outlook it doesn't create a different version of Outlook. It's all contained
in the same file.
Let me ask this: are you using Outlook, part of MS Office, or Outlook
EXPRESS? (Do Help-about if you don't know). The reason for asking is that
you CAN do something approaching to what you need, but the method depends on
which email client you are using.

HTH

susan

Hi Gordon:
I am using outlook because I can find no way to use outlook
express which I much prefer. I realize that one file is used but my question
is : is there anyway I can create an icon or some other method to open my
secondary account in outlook without having to open the default account? I
hope I have stated it a little better this time and that there is a
solution.
Thanks

news:(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> "susan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:IkDsi.33614$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have two accounts set up with outlook. When I open the mail it of course
>>opens with the default. My question is can I make an icon for the other
>>account so that I can open it instead of the default and if so how do I do
>>it? I have an icon for the default mail but can find no way to make one
>>for the other account.
>> thanks
>>

> I don't quite understand the question. When you add an email account to
> Outlook it doesn't create a different version of Outlook. It's all
> contained in the same file.
> Let me ask this: are you using Outlook, part of MS Office, or Outlook
> EXPRESS? (Do Help-about if you don't know). The reason for asking is that
> you CAN do something approaching to what you need, but the method depends
> on which email client you are using.
>
> HTH

Gordon

"susan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TkEsi.17660$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Gordon:
> I am using outlook because I can find no way to use outlook
> express which I much prefer. I realize that one file is used but my
> question is : is there anyway I can create an icon or some other method to
> open my secondary account in outlook without having to open the default
> account? I hope I have stated it a little better this time and that there
> is a solution.
> Thanks

The only way you can do this in Outlook (AFAIK) is to create a new Profile
for the second email account. I'm not sure whether you can create an icon
for each profile, but there is a setting when you create the new profile to
be asked which profile you want to use on startup. So when you double-click
on the Outlook icon it will ask you which profile you want to use.

HTH

susan

Thanks again Gordon, I'll give that a try.

news:(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> "susan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:TkEsi.17660$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Gordon:
>> I am using outlook because I can find no way to use
>> outlook express which I much prefer. I realize that one file is used but
>> my question is : is there anyway I can create an icon or some other
>> method to open my secondary account in outlook without having to open the
>> default account? I hope I have stated it a little better this time and
>> that there is a solution.
>> Thanks

> The only way you can do this in Outlook (AFAIK) is to create a new Profile
> for the second email account. I'm not sure whether you can create an icon
> for each profile, but there is a setting when you create the new profile
> to be asked which profile you want to use on startup. So when you
> double-click on the Outlook icon it will ask you which profile you want to
> use.
>
> HTH

ProfGene

susan wrote:
> I have two accounts set up with outlook. When I open the mail it of
> course opens with the default. My question is can I make an icon for the
> other account so that I can open it instead of the default and if so how
> do I do it? I have an icon for the default mail but can find no way to
> make one for the other account.
> thanks

I don't know if you can do that but you can make a separate login to
Windows by creating a second user which doesn't really have to be
another person but could be, then you could make the second mail account
the default mail for that user name.