Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Storing a string (email address) to a key-set of on Microsoft multi media keyboard

Storing a string (email address) to a key-set of on Microsoft multi media keyboard

Jim McCardle

I find I have to enter me email address quite often and would like to
store it to a hotkey combo on my Microsoft multi media keyboard 1.0A.
I tried storing my email address into a file called say "fred.txt", I
stored the command "type fred.txt" to the "messenger hot key" ,
What happens is that notepad opens with my email address as the only
phrase in it, I am able to copy this to the clipboard and then paste
it into say a form that I may be filling out.
Is ther a more ellegant way of doing this?

J McC

SJP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Try Shortkeys lite from http://www.shortkeys.com/lite.htm its free

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Jim McCardle <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I find I have to enter me email address quite often and would like to
>store it to a hotkey combo on my Microsoft multi media keyboard 1.0A.
>I tried storing my email address into a file called say "fred.txt", I
>stored the command "type fred.txt" to the "messenger hot key" ,
>What happens is that notepad opens with my email address as the only
>phrase in it, I am able to copy this to the clipboard and then paste
>it into say a form that I may be filling out.
>Is ther a more ellegant way of doing this?

Google: keyboard macros

--
http://tinyurl.com/3aevcw (Jpg)