Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox is majorly ****ing me off

Firefox is majorly ****ing me off

mervlucid303@h__mail.com

I installed Firefox around March. At the time I installed a few addon
extensions. Everything was fine for awhile. Now, everytime I load FF
I get this message telling me these extensions need to be updated.

NOTHING gets upgraded antomatically on my computer. Thats the best
way to get a virus. If I want to upgrade, I'll manually do it. Till
then, I am really tired of being nagged about this. I've even begun
using IE again, because I am tired of being bugged and harassed. I
simply dont want to upgrade, and the more it bugs me, the less likely
I will do the upgrade. I tell my wife the same thing. If she wants
to nag me to take out the garbage, I will never take it out.
FF told me there were upgrades, and once ****ing time is enough. I
wont tolerate this much longer. Either this gets disabled or FF is
history.

With that said, is there a way to disable this irritation, or must I
remove FF entirely and find another browser?

Merv

bassbag

mervlucid303@h__mail.com wrote:

> I installed Firefox around March. At the time I installed a few addon
> extensions. Everything was fine for awhile. Now, everytime I load FF
> I get this message telling me these extensions need to be updated.
>
> NOTHING gets upgraded antomatically on my computer. Thats the best
> way to get a virus. If I want to upgrade, I'll manually do it. Till
> then, I am really tired of being nagged about this. I've even begun
> using IE again, because I am tired of being bugged and harassed. I
> simply dont want to upgrade, and the more it bugs me, the less likely
> I will do the upgrade. I tell my wife the same thing. If she wants
> to nag me to take out the garbage, I will never take it out.
> FF told me there were upgrades, and once ****ing time is enough. I
> wont tolerate this much longer. Either this gets disabled or FF is
> history.
>
> With that said, is there a way to disable this irritation, or must I
> remove FF entirely and find another browser?
>
> Merv

tools>options>advanced >update?
me

elaich

mervlucid303@h__mail.com wrote in news:02k5b3polk0hoio6k9eum850kj7tfujj51@
4ax.com:

> With that said, is there a way to disable this irritation, or must I
> remove FF entirely and find another browser?

I suggest you do some research to ease your mind. There is absolutely NO
WAY to get a virus updating Firefox addons.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

mervlucid303@h__mail.com

On 3 Aug 2007 08:00:26 GMT, "bassbag" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>mervlucid303@h__mail.com wrote:
>
>> I installed Firefox around March. At the time I installed a few addon
>> extensions. Everything was fine for awhile. Now, everytime I load FF
>> I get this message telling me these extensions need to be updated.
>>
>> NOTHING gets upgraded antomatically on my computer. Thats the best
>> way to get a virus. If I want to upgrade, I'll manually do it. Till
>> then, I am really tired of being nagged about this. I've even begun
>> using IE again, because I am tired of being bugged and harassed. I
>> simply dont want to upgrade, and the more it bugs me, the less likely
>> I will do the upgrade. I tell my wife the same thing. If she wants
>> to nag me to take out the garbage, I will never take it out.
>> FF told me there were upgrades, and once ****ing time is enough. I
>> wont tolerate this much longer. Either this gets disabled or FF is
>> history.
>>
>> With that said, is there a way to disable this irritation, or must I
>> remove FF entirely and find another browser?
>>
>> Merv

>tools>options>advanced >update?
>me

Thank You - Thank You - Thank You......

This feels good..... No more nagging.... Praise the Lord......
Things like this are always easy when one knows what to do !!!!

mervlucid303@h__mail.com

On 4 Aug 2007 03:52:10 GMT, elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>mervlucid303@h__mail.com wrote in news:02k5b3polk0hoio6k9eum850kj7tfujj51@
>4ax.com:
>
>> With that said, is there a way to disable this irritation, or must I
>> remove FF entirely and find another browser?

>I suggest you do some research to ease your mind. There is absolutely NO
>WAY to get a virus updating Firefox addons.

Well, probably not, but this is my policy, NOTHING is automatically
installed. I download the file, SCAN IT, then, and only then do I
install it. Then I save the download in a special folder in case I
need it again. Because of my strict policy, I have NEVER gotten a
virus.

Besides that, I am sure this would turn into a can of worms. First
the extension wants to be upgraded, then it tells me I need to upgrade
Firefox because I think there is a newer ver. (I got 2.0.0.3), then
it will probably tell me that I need to upgrade my OS because I am
running Win98. NO THANKS !!!! I've been thru this whole ordeal
enough times to know better. When I want to browse the web, I want to
browse the web, not install upgrades. About 3 times a year I spend a
day upgrading whatever I think I should upgrade. Some things I prefer
keeping the old stuff. (like my OS). "I" control my computer, not
the other way around. When it starts telling me what to do, I get
****ed. Thats the main reason I wont use XP.

elaich

mervlucid303@h__mail.com wrote in news:t198b399kokvm0u3jpj8g7ltgcrc3codac@
4ax.com:

> When it starts telling me what to do, I get
> ****ed. Thats the main reason I wont use XP.

Good start. What do you use then?

If you have Firefox bugging you about too many upgrades, then sounds like
you have too many extensions. Like maybe you tried to make Firefox into IE7
by installing extensions. Just how many do you have, then?

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?